Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ran off the road, turn signal cover question

I do it every day back and forth to work to the point that I do not use the clutch except when backing and standing starts. I was horrible at it when I started. Now its just a blip and I light push/pull of the lever. I practiced every day and now its effortless and quick in "spirited" occasions.
    Peyton Manning? Who's he drive for?

I believe this car has the original 86 clutch too.
    Peyton Manning? Who's he drive for?

Some Boost
    "Dad says that I should remove the entire lens assembly for that side and then put it on with some epoxy and then put it back into the housing. For now I'm driving w/o the lens cover on and it has an amber light so it's all ok"

You dad is correct, Don't want to get water in the housing. To remove the light housing its easier to get to it from under the car. Clean the adhesive off it also. I also use silicone as it will bond but has some flex.

As for what was called "heel/toe" in the old days (rev matching) You might look into any local driving events (auto X or track days) and talk to instructors. You can read up on it in line ----
    http://www.turnfast.com/tech_driving/driving_heeltoe
    Its takes some practice to get it right and when you do, downshift gear changes will be smooth without upsetting the suspension.

I have used aquairium sealer to mount the lenses to the housing
    it is clear and has a little flex.
    After putting the light together, and upon assembly, watch when tightining the housing to make sure the lense does not contact the bumper cover prematurely and you continue to tighten this puts stress on the lamp and will cause the lense to come off easily. use some washers to shim the housing out to avoid this