Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Aftermarket Radio Upgrade

Building Boost

Aftermarket Radio Upgrade

Anyone have recommendations on an aftermarket radio as far as fit goes? I want something that's relatively easy to install (i.e. doesn require a lot of fabrication to mount in the stock radio location). I mainly want something with an AM/FM tuner, USB, and ipod compatibility. Thanks!

I got a cheap flip out DVD/USB/ flux capacitor thingy that works pretty well from amazon. I don't have it fixed to the dash because when the screen comes out the radio needs to be a cool 2" out or the screen hits the dash. Polish engineering at its best.

Power accoustic.
    Peyton Manning? Who's he drive for?

The early "2-shaft" dashs are gonna be limited. The later single-DIN opening can accept a huge selection. And most of the time you can get a harness adpater so no wiring mods are needed.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

It fits right in no problem looks good, but when the kids want sponge Bob.... You gotta give'm sponge Bob.
    Peyton Manning? Who's he drive for?

Some Boost
    I have put nothing but pioneers in all my SVO's that I have owned.................

my '86 has had 3 different decks in it and is going to be going for it's 4th stereo transformation when I get around to it.
    all the stereos have used the same mounting panel so it is just an easy slide out and replace.

Bar

Half Boost
    My 84 I bought from Barry had no radio but the radio opening was already cut for a aftermarket stereo. That said most aftermarket decks are based on the same opening. I bought a Sony deck from Best Buy because it was cheap and had digital input if I wanted to add a I pod or something.