Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Correct lug nuts?

Correct lug nuts?

1986 svo. They say McGard on them. Also what is correct torque in ft.lbs?
    Attached Images Attached Images

SVOs, kike most other Ford cars, use a 1/2-20 thread and the torque spec is 85-95 Ft-Lbs.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    SVOs, kike most other Ford cars, use a 1/2-20 thread and the torque spec is 85-95 Ft-Lbs.
    thanks for the spec, torqued to 85 because it's the lowest I can recall for 5 lugs. Do the lug nuts look correct? They seemed to seat funny.

Yes, long heavy things with a typical 60-degreee taper. Iirc they were made my McGard also.

That one in the pic looks to have transferred some aluminum to the taper - clean that off. And use some light (waterproof) grease on the threads to keep corrosion down.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Yes, long heavy things with a typical 60-degreee taper. Iirc they were made my McGard also.

That one in the pic looks to have transferred some aluminum to the taper - clean that off. And use some light (waterproof) grease on the threads to keep corrosion down.
    thanks I was upset about the paint issue and then the hand brake hung up. Got it freed so I can move car. Painter came with a trailer & had to nascar it out the drivers window, and tore my new dew wipe rubber on the way out. So all around kind of a shit day. I appreciate all the help on this forum!

Noob
    I am using the stock lug nuts with the 2005 "Bullit" wheels and something tells me these are not ideal since it seems that the lug nuts are digging slightly into the wheels where the lug nuts are inserted. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Building Boost
    I purchased these Wagner replicas from Rock Auto - https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/mor...964&cc=1133884 - at $3 per wheel set. Matched up perfectly to the stock ones that needed new plating.
    Help Wanted - 1985.5 SVO needs a full resto...