Thread: Where to get rotors online?

Building Boost

Where to get rotors online?

The svo is in need of new rotors in the front, but the cheapest in the area wants $120 each rotor, which I think is too much for what it's worth.. I know ebay have some, but.. it's ebay..

Any good place?

The bare rotors start in the $23.79/US range, each, on rockauto (before discount). You will also need bearings, races, seals, and cotter pins.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Building Boost
    Thank you sir, I'll check it out

Any recommendations for brands of rotors that may be a little better than others? There are a lot of options on RockAuto. Also, what type of pads are the better choice. One type on there says the originals were semi-metallic but again, so many to choose from it's confusing.

Thanks!
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

Some Boost
    You will want semi-metallic for stock style braking performance. If you want to upgrade your braking power, I recommend EBC's yellow stuff pads for front and rear.

If you don't have any luck on Rockauto, I have a collection of new directional rotors on the shelf that I'll part with for what I have in them (purchased from Rockauto)... (plus shipping).

Thanks for the replies. DaveS, can you PM me the cost you have into the rotors? I think with you having to ship heavy items to Canada, it may end up pricing them out of my budget regardless but worth a shot.

RockAuto is a great site and they even give prices in Canadian dollars. The issue is the large range of DD-economy up to performance rotors and pads to choose from and the fact that they do not specifically specify "SVO", just specify 2.3 I4 Turbocharged although they all look to be 5-lug.

I really do not need anything too special (or expensive) as the car is only street driven (with a little vigor). I spoke to The Mustang Shop here in Calgary and they offered a different brand on top of the selection RA did! While they are okay for prices on usual stuff, what they offered was pricier than I thought it would be. That pretty much leaves me choosing from the RA list again.

PS: I think at least the front rotors may be original. What is the minimum thickness tolerance allowed as I wonder if they can still be machined?
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT