Thread: H&R Sport Spring Question

Building Boost

Question H&R Sport Spring Question

Good Day,

I had the H&R Sport Springs installed on my car with the Energy Suspension ploy insulators. The car looks much better than the old Eibach setup and drives significantly better. However, the front end is sitting 1/4" higher than the rear now (measured both from the ground to lower fender well and from the center cap to the fender well). We put the car back up on the rack and the springs and insulators were installed correctly from all appearances.
    Any ideas as to what would cause this and will it hurt handling if I just leave it as is? I have an HPDE event this weekend and have one day to figure it out.

I am running the stock K-member and spindles but the '03 Cobra LCAs with the MM Spindle adapter kit and caster/camber plates. I also installed the proper end-link kit and MM sway bar relocation kit. The end-links and LCAs are level and parallel as required plus the alignment was spot on. So I am at a loss for the difference in height as the old Eibach setup was just the opposite with the same type of poly insulators.

Thanks!
    Help Wanted - 1985.5 SVO needs a full resto...

I'm not sure why the stance ended up like it did but considering the time crunch and you stating it drives better I'd say leave it alone until after the event. I'm sure you will have a good weekend at the track, even if the car isn't spot on. Take some tools with you to make adjustments in case you need them and have a good time. Relax today and make sure you have everything loaded for the track, that way its low stress and you will be glad you did. Have fun at the event and post some pics when you get back.

Have fun at the event and post some pics when you get back.
    You could also post pics now.

Just sayin'.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Building Boost
    I am waiting for some pics of the car on track. Will post up the paddock pics shortly. Also, figured out the H&R issues, turns out the fronts were Sports and the rears were Super Sports. I guess I got lucky and received the special mixed box edition. Installed a replacement set of springs late Friday night and all was well.
    Help Wanted - 1985.5 SVO needs a full resto...