Thread: Dash Lights

Dash Lights

Ok so my dash lights have not worked since I got the car. I looked through some wiring diagrams on all data and Mitchell and it shows that it runs through a printed circuit. How can I fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by 84svounoh View Post
    Ok so my dash lights have not worked since I got the car. I looked through some wiring diagrams on all data and Mitchell and it shows that it runs through a printed circuit. How can I fix this?
    try bulbs first?

I forgot to mention that there is no power even reaching the fuse block

Animated Italian Gigolo blueboss's Avatar
    If you have no power reaching the fuse block, you have more circuits dead than just the dash lights.
    "Some trannys can operate both types of gearboxes but manual gearboxes with clutch pedals are more difficult to operate with heels on."

ok i am trying to pull out the guage cluster and the speedometer cable is holding it in. i can reach in and grab it but i know if i pull it out it will be a b**** to plug back in. Any suggestions?

well i ended up pulling it out was alot easier than it looked. boost guage is all hooked up now. what is the normal vacuum range mine seems to be at like 15 in/hg

what is the normal vacuum range mine seems to be at like 15 in/hg
    That totally depends on lots of stuff: cam timing (mostly intake valve closing point), valve size, idle speed, static CR, amount of intake side air leaks, altitude, temperature. timing, etc.

Stock 85 engines show 15-17 In Hg. idling, warm. Slightly lower for an 86. Most cammed engines show about 10. Retarding base timing usually lowers idle vacuum while advancing it usually raises it (slightly). A sooner intake valve closing point will increase vacuum levels. A higher idle speed will also increase vacuum levels.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Thank you