Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustang 50th anniversary at LVMS April 16-20 2014

(aka Anonymous) Club Member Patrick's Avatar

Mustang 50th anniversary at LVMS April 16-20 2014

Well, a bunch of us here at SVOCOP.com who have gotten together for Sturgis, Bellevue and Knott's over the past few years are starting to make plans for the Mustang 50th Birthday gathering in Las Vegas. I think that we have Vince and Diana convinced to haul out for a track day or two with their car. Some other joker from Arizona with another red SVO may turn a few laps as well. Chalky's dad Ivan (an honorary SVOCOP elder statesman) will even make the trip from Australia. One house that we plan to rent may be filled up already, but we are looking at the possibility of renting a second house or possibly a third from the same property management group, all within 5 minutes of one another and within 4 miles of McCarran airport. There may be a few Saleens, Shelbys and a Cobra coming from the left coast as well.

LVMS1.JPGLVMS5.jpg
    LVMS2.JPG
    LVMS3.jpg
    LVMS4.jpg

http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebr...istration.html

Event Calendar:
    http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebr.../schedule.html

Tech inspection forms, helmet inspection form, and further info is available at the above links.
    "Just leave me alone. I know what to do" (Kimi)

Updated 12/23/2013
    This is the list of people that are prepared to go, based on most recent event activity and participation. List is subject to change based on renting a second house for those who have not yet confirmed or committed. If anyone not booked for the first house wants to look into a second house rental, please contact me for info, the sooner the better.

Tony Wright * R
    Cindy Wright * R

Lisa Harris *
    Mitch Harris * R

Bonnie Pearson *
    Pat Pearson * R

Vince Rinner * R
    Diana Rinner *

Chris Chalk * R
    Sada Chalk *
    Ivan Chalk *

Scott Robinson * R
    Lois Robinson *

Doug Marthaler *
    Kelly Marthaler

Tom Brody

Charles Mansoon ** R
    Captain Dave **

Chris Weber (H)
    Rose Fornario (H)

Brad Smith
    * R

Tom Halpenny**

Scott Genualdi (H)

Bert Maxwell (R)

Uncertain Guests:

Josh Fenley and Satera **

Jacquestrap Villeneuve

Dave Schmitt
    Stacey Schmitt
    Johnny Schmitt

Ray Porter, wife and son (H)

Casey Blackburn, Angelica Blackburn, and daughte
    r **

Troy Jorgensen and family **

Scott Smith
    Ellie Smith

The Northwest Mustang group will be sharing entries with us as Northwest Mustangs/SVOCOP.com, in order to gain a preferred/reserved parking area at the track, so that we can come and go as we please without losing our parking place, as well as having our own tented area. If attending, you will be asked to join as this club group in order to get these few extra perks.

I will update contact info for Northwest Mustangs later, so that they can coordinate the reserved parking area with MCA for our group. You will likely be asked to provide your entry info to Scott and Lois at the Northwest Pony Shoppe to be included.

Stay tuned for updates

Update:
    * : confirmed for first house

**:
    indicates who may choose to book a second house. If we get a second house, we will need someone to take over dealing with the property manager for that residence. I can provide contact info if needed.

(H): staying in a hotel

R: Registered Entry (as of 12/23/2013)

I have emailed the reserved parking signup sheet. I will leave that to Pat & Tony to distribute via email.

Anyone that chooses to not supply their info on the spreadsheet will be left to park on their own wherever space is available. They will also be required to follow the predetermined MCA schedule on when they can arrive & leave. I know the deadline is 3/15/14 to submit the attached sheet, but I think we should push to have everyone commit No Later Than 1/1/14. The longer we take to get the list in, the greater we risk not being able to obtain the reserved parking.

We will supply Scott with the list so he can assist with submitting it to the MCA.

Here are the specifics on the reserved parking:

· We need a minimum of 20 registered cars to receive special reserved parking.
    · This will allow all pass holders within the group to arrive & leave the track at your own schedule.
    · It will provide the group with a reserved parking area for the week.
    · The parking is assigned on a first come first served basis, so the sooner we submit the better off we are.
    · The deadline to submit the list is 3/15/14.
    · Each registered car in the group will receive a dash plaque for their assigned parking area.
    · Reserved parking groups will also be allowed to set up tents providing they are anchored in the ground & each leg is held with a minimum 50lb weight. The group is liable for any damage caused by the tent(s).
    · All registered attendees & guests will need to supply personal contact info in the signup spreadsheet. The list will be managed by Scott Robinson & supplied to the MCA to obtain our assigned parking. We are working with members of Mustangs North West that will also be attending the show. As a result we will be mixing with various years & models of Mustangs.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

If I bring Brad, can he count as the four 50 pound weights that we need for the tent?

Will there be a big screen and Blue-Ray player??
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

There is only one B in We B er, Rose uses her last name which is Fornario.....if it matters. It might. Maybe I should reserve a Mustang GT at Hertz soon?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Will there be a big screen and Blue-Ray player??
    Maybe someone can bring their kids' X-Box. I can try to swipe my son's X-Box for a week.

Would it help if I rent a Mustang GT or whatever they have at the airport?

^
    The race track has an airport? KEWL!!

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Man View Post
    Would it help if I rent a Mustang GT or whatever they have at the airport?
    Will you be registered in the show or just a spectator?

So should we go ahead and register now? We are committed to doing this if we can all get a place together. I'll be towing the SVO race car...Diana may be bringing up the rear with the '93 Cobra...hey...no funny comments on that one! Honestly I think I need a two car trailer or else I'm putting another 600 miles on the Cobra. Hmmm...
    I have the second...make that the first best 2.3t race car. Bob has...had the best one...Bob...when is the last time yours was on the track...lets race for Pinks! I'll be at Buttonwillow in September!

Quote Originally Posted by vrinner View Post
    So should we go ahead and register now? We are committed to doing this if we can all get a place together. I'll be towing the SVO race car...Diana may be bringing up the rear with the '93 Cobra...hey...no funny comments on that one! Honestly I think I need a two car trailer or else I'm putting another 600 miles on the Cobra. Hmmm...
    Yes, go ahead & register for the show. The parking list for reserved parking is for people who have already registered & we want to get that in ASAP. Just a heads up, I was having problems with the submitting of the payment on the registration for the show (no political jokes here). I just mailed mine in via snail mail.

This update from Scott and Lois Robinson:

MCA 50th Anniversary M.O.R.E. program

As part of the 50th anniversary celebration next April, MCA is offering clubs at no cost the opportunity to have a reserved parking area at the event. I am coordinating the required spreadsheet for the Las Vegas venue for Mustangs Northwest and SVOCOP. The two groups will be sharing a parking area at the track. We must have a total of 20 cars to qualify and the parking is restricted to individuals and the vehicle they have registered. (ie. Criteria to participate is a registered Mustang and a registered person.) It can not be used for support vehicles or trucks and trailers. They will have a separate area.

To participate you need to be a member of Mustangs Northwest or SVOCOP and have registered a vehicle and one participant for the event. The cut off date for registering and supplying the information to me is set for December 31st so that we may get a good area. The sooner we send in our information the closer we will be to the main entrance.

This opportunity will allow participants not only to have a reserved parking area, but also allow us to come and go on our schedule and not have to be up at o-dark-thirty to secure parking at the track.

We are allowed to have a tent, but are required to have a 50 lb weight holding down each leg. If someone plans on bringing the tent, let me know. We plan to have a Mustangs Northwest banner on one side and SVOCOP on the other.

If you sign up you must commit to park your Mustang in the assigned area.

If interested, please provide the following info to me:

1. name
    2. address
    3. phone
    4. e-mail address

This will be forwarded to MCA to verify registration and produce the dash card.

Scott Robinson
    Mustangs Northwest Regional Director
    (206) 817-0758
    northwestponys@yahoo.com

Registered on-line and it processed my PayPal payment.

So what day(s) should I sign up for the track days? Is there a specific day that most of us are going to be there?
    I have the second...make that the first best 2.3t race car. Bob has...had the best one...Bob...when is the last time yours was on the track...lets race for Pinks! I'll be at Buttonwillow in September!

Vince, if you're not showing up till Thursday, then Friday or Saturday have track days also according to the schedule. I'm just concerned that the entry sheet is based around the Charlotte schedule, and may not reflect the Las Vegas schedule. Scott Robinson talks to the organizer on a regular basis, and may be able to clarify any scheduling questions.

Building Boost
    I would like to make it down for this. What would be the damage for 1 for all nights for the Canuck. Hell, maybe I will just stay and not come back!!

Jason, it all depends on the second house commitments coming in as to whether we get a third house. I'm waiting on an answer from Scott and Lois on how many North West Mustang members want in on a house. I'll put you down on the list for the 2'nd or 3'rd house if you commit to go. Please re-read all the requirements. Scott needs you to be entered and paid with MCA before 12/31/2013. Your name, address, Email, phone number must be sent to Scott Robinson through the contact info in the posts above in order to be in on the reserved parking deal. It looks like ~$200-$225 rough estimate per person for the house for a week. This may vary depending on how many commit for each house. The first house is filled already.

Definition of commit:

Sort of like bacon and eggs.
    The hen was dedicated, but
    the pig made a commitment.

I am planning on renting a Hertz Mustang GT. What should I do. I feel stupid entering it, but cool parking is cool parking. I'm looking at packages at the Wynn and Venetian Resorts. The packages online are pretty reasonable, like 1500 for two including everything.I'll keep checking. What are the dates everybody comes and goes?
    Chris

Just signed up. Friday is track day for me.