Picture116.jpg
    And shape and bondo
    Picture92.jpg
    More Shaping, more bondo
    Picture118.jpg
    Getting close to the shape I wanted
    Picture90.jpg
    Picture89.jpg
    I have the second...make that the first best 2.3t race car. Bob has...had the best one...Bob...when is the last time yours was on the track...lets race for Pinks! I'll be at Buttonwillow in September!

I feel that the fenders are now a good shape and it's now time to take them off the car and send to the fiberglass shop to make the molds.

Picture95.jpg
    Picture97.jpg
    Picture120.jpg
    The front fenders and rear fenders I was able to just unbolt them and then send the "plugs" off to the fiberglass shop to make the molds
    Picture123.jpg
    Back side of the rear fenders
    Picture122.jpg

Here are the front fiberglass fenders. Final product.
    Picture124.jpg
    Picture125.jpg
    Some of the details of the front fenders
    Picture128.jpg
    Picture127.jpg
    Picture129.jpg
    I have the second...make that the first best 2.3t race car. Bob has...had the best one...Bob...when is the last time yours was on the track...lets race for Pinks! I'll be at Buttonwillow in September!

Here are the rear fiberglass fenders on the car prepping for paint.

Picture141.jpg
    Picture142.jpg
    We are painting the car in my garage. Not recommended.
    Picture147.jpg
    Picture148.jpg
    Bob painting the hood outside. Not recommended.
    Picture149.jpg
    All the body panels on the car and painted...finger prints, dust and all.
    Picture159.jpg
    More details to follow...

Holy Cow ! Love the metal fab work ...

Andy

Where's the pic of the famous "thumbprint"??
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

More pics

Here is a shot of the engine bay. This is with a custom built intake manifold that really didn't work. Although it looks fairly cool as well as gave a super clean look to the engine bay, the most we could squeeze out of it was about 215 RWHP. Not enough for a race car. I tracked it a couple of times with this setup but it just wasn't enough.
    Picture143.jpg

Here is the fuel cell cover. Under the cover is a 22 gallon enduro Fuel Safe cell. Also has fire suppression nosal inside.
    Picture146.jpg

Here is a pic of the dash before some other mods. I really like the other dash I originally did. May go back to that design at some point.

Picture152.jpg
    Here is a pick of the back side of the dash.
    Picture154.jpg

Here is a pick of the wiring for the Mega Squirt II. You can also see the
    brake pedal and clutch setup
    Picture157.jpg

Here are some pics of the "not so flat" Bob working on the cage. He was at my house for about 10 minutes, broke out the grinder and hacked off part of my roll cage. Such a pro!
    Picture153.jpg

Fire system. Lines go to the fuel cell, drivers compartments and engine.

Picture156.jpg
    Picture158.jpg

NICE!!!!

How long ago was that?
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

How long ago was that?

Evidence:
    Img_0301.jpg

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Hey, I'm not the guy that bought the seat that wouldn't fit...I just fixed the problem. :P

Back to stock intake

OK...so the custom intake that was built just didn't seem to work. Couldn't pull more than 210RWHP out of it. Not enough volume in it...I think.

So I decided to put back the stock (ported) upper intake. Of course this involved a new throttle cable that had to be custom ordered because the pedals are not in the stock location anymore.

Here is a pic of the custom intake. Although it looks cool...doesn't function...no function...gotta go.

Picture160.jpg

Here are some pics of the stock upper back in place.

Because of the custom throttle cable, I had to put a second return spring on for safety.

StockUpperIntake1.jpg

Probably will put some more heat shielding on

StockUpperIntake2.jpg

Intake tube

Another problem I kept having was the turbo to manifold studs would keep coming loose. I realized that the intake tube that was attached to the turbo that was attached to the engine was firmly attached to the body of the car. This did not allow anything to flex probably causing the studs to work themselves free. So I had to cut the tube and put in some flex tube.

Hope it works.

IntakeFlexTube.jpg

Cool build! Are you running EDIS? Did see the dizzy sticking up and take it by plug wire routing that the coil pack is mounted in the cowl.

Running a Megasquirt with crank sensor. No EDIS. No dizzy either. I think you see some alternator wiring. Yes the coil pack is under the cowl.

My bad..meant to type "Didn't see the Dizzy".

Well it's been a long time since I updated anything on this build.

Took the car out today at Willow Springs (Big Willow) to race with the Alfa Club. After many failed attempts at a fully successful day of running all sessions AND completing the final race, finally did it today.

Car was not building boost. After several attempts ot new waste gate actuator, plumbing and vacuum issues, it ended up that I didn't have enough pre-tension on the regulator to waste gate arm. Once I put about 1/2 inch of pre-tension, it was at least over boosting. Then we dialed back the boost regulator and I was "fairly" consistently running 15-16 lbs boost but fluxuating heavily. The car was also backfiring above 5500RPM and on the boost.

Regardless of the issues above, I still call this a successful day. Although still getting passed by Miata's and a super charged MR2 down the front straight. I'm pretty sure if I had the HP to at least keep up pm the straights, I'm sure I would do much better.

Probably going to end up putting the 2.6 stroked motor in the car before the next event.

Glad to hear you had a succesful outing! I would recommend that before you put in that stroker you fix the problem you have though. You are so close to making the car very enjoyable!

Glad to hear that you got it on the track. Step in the correct directions.

It's always a pleasure to be able to drive it back onto the trailer after an event.

Congrtats on the results of all the hard work!!

2.6 motor installed. Exhaust manifold flipped over using some "Chip Flips"
    NewExhaust.jpg
    HeaderWasteGateCut.jpg

Cut and rotated the upper intake.
    CutUpper.jpg
    RotatedUpper.jpg

I little more plumbing left to do then back to the dyno for a re-tune.

Nice progress Vince!