Thread: Intercooler Hoses

Building Boost

Intercooler Hoses

Looking for new intercooler hoses that are the same as those once offered by Forced4Motorsports. They are strong enough to support the intercooler without the brackets. I have had a set for about 7 years, but they are getting weak now from the oil that creeps into the intake.

Thanks,
    Pat

What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar
    you should be able to locate that style hose at your local NAPA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by 94VERTiGO View Post
    Looking for new intercooler hoses that are the same as those once offered by Forced4Motorsports. They are strong enough to support the intercooler without the brackets. I have had a set for about 7 years, but they are getting weak now from the oil that creeps into the intake.

Thanks,
    Pat
    Yes napa. I use to ge the Gates green stripe and then I went to the Gold stripe. it is truck Radiator hose. it is sold by the inch. I cant remeber the Ids at the momnet but if you take the old ones they can match them up.

IC inlet is 2.0" diameter, outlet is 2.5". About 3" is needed for each (then trim to fit).

Some of the straight radiator hoses have reinforcing (steel) wires inside the rubber so a hacksaw or wire cutters may be needed.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

http://www.stinger-performance.com/universalparts.html

Scroll down to "Silicone Stock Intercooler Couplers & T-Bolt Clamp Kits This kit includes a straight 2.38" coupler for the throttle body attachment and a straight 2.0" coupler for the turbo outlet. The 4 included T-Bolt clamps ensure the couplers don't blow off under boost. Our silicone couplers are constructed of 4 ply material, temperature rated to 392 degrees F, and pressure-rated to 43.5 psi at that 392-degree temperature.
    Price: $ 30.00 Shipped"

::m::

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by NY eric View Post
    Yes napa. I use to ge the Gates green stripe and then I went to the Gold stripe. it is truck Radiator hose. it is sold by the inch. I cant remeber the Ids at the momnet but if you take the old ones they can match them up.
    The post above reminded me I switched to a 4 ply sillicon hose twards the end as well. It will absolutly hold up better than the Gates green stripe or Dayco Gold stripe I used when we first started selling them.

Building Boost
    Thanks everyone. I will pick some up today.

I ordered a hose for the intercooler to throttle body 2 3/8 to 2 1/2 HPS HTSR-238-250-BLK
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!

Intercooler to throttle body clamps from Summit racing :Vibrant Performance #2791 and #2793
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!