Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2014 Formula 1 Racing Thread

There is some weird crap going on.

Ferrari currently has three top drivers signed...who is going to blink first?

Sauber has FOUR! Three pay drivers and Crashtil.

McLaren hasn't settled on any drivers...(refer to who is going to blink first above)

Marrusia has gone under, Caterham has turned to crowd funding to get to Abu Dhabi.

If Rosberg doesn't win this weekend, but wins the WDC, there will be hell to pay.
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

As much as i *want* Lewis to win the DC, I'd still have to say it's a coin toss between Hamilton and Rosberg. One could easily lose money betting on either way.

Three car teams will be *very* interesting. The ONLY way I see it could work out is is every team is required to run three cars.

Speaking of failures, what ever happened to the Jew Jersey US race that was guaranteed to happen in 2014?
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Do those teams have any recourse against FIA/F1 for promises not kept?

Do those teams have any recourse against FIA/F1 for promises not kept?
    As a general rule, no. besides it would take millions of dollars and many, many years to sue Bernie and Co.

Now someone help me with my math ckills. The announcers after todays race were saying that Lewis must win the next race to win the DC. Somehow that doens't add up.

At the conclusion of today's race, Lewis is 17 points ahead of Nico. So with next race paying 2x points according to the following table:
    1st : 25 points
    2nd : 18 points
    3rd : 15 points
    4th : 12 points
    5th : 10 points
    6th : 8 points

According to my math, Lewis only needs to finish second in Abu Dhabi - no matter where Nico finishes - and he's won the DC.

25 x 2 = 50; 18 x 2 = 36; diff of 14. That still leaves Lewis 3 points ahead for the DC win.

If Nico only takes second, Lewis could finish fifth and still win the DC.

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

David Hobbs was a racer, and still isn't a mathematician. He is wrong, you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    As a general rule, no. besides it would take millions of dollars and many, many years to sue Bernie and Co.

From my limited understanding of Bernie's popularity, could a legal team be assembled using crowd funding?

As the cars are unloaded from the transporters a slight mist of the scent of racing fuel permeates the air for the last race of the season, with double points being heralded for the first and final time, the Formula 1 Soup thickens.

Mr. Vettel has announced joining Ferrari (for a three year contract) while Alonzo leaves for an undefined pasture.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30128844

Practice starts tomorrow. BE THERE!

A well-earned DC win for Lewis. Too bad there wasn't a good battle between him and Nico. Lewis would've still won the DC.

Meanwhile Ferrari continues (still) to not address their real problems:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30179916

McLaren is almost ready to reveal driver lineup for 2015. Any day now - maybe tomorrow?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30417196

Word is out and Button Lives another year:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30328327

I was particularily amused with the line (referring to Alonzo) at the end of the article:

Button, the 34-year-old 2009 world champion, will continue into a 16th season and has his wish granted to test himself against the man widely regarded as the best in F1.
    Yep. Best only after Hamilton, Rosberg. Ricciardo, Bottas, & Vettel according to the 2014 DC points.

Time to start the 2015 thread.

I'm thinking it'll be Mercedes again with everyone else still trying to catch up.

Time to start the 2015 thread.
    Go for it!!

I'm thinking it'll be Mercedes again with everyone else still trying to catch up.
    Who does Ferrari have left to fire (blame)??

Off Topic: Bob - you going to Knotts this year? We should start a pool.

Yes, Mike, going to Knott's.

I'm not sure Ferrari has anyone left to blame, I think they are now firing Mattacci's new hires.

They'll have to hire someone new before each race just so they can fire him when Ferrari doesn't win. Again. 20 times for 2015.

Gonna be a great year!