Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Koni strut/shock adjustment

Really thats new to me they must have changed them up very good to hear.
    The Machine speaks for itself !!

FB, just checked again, they have the non adjustables also for $399 as well as the rear adj shocks $204 and quad shocks from koni $299, yay!

I've been slumming around for Koni prices too and found these places.

Front pair - $472 w/ free shipping here:

http://konimarket.com/collections/all/1984,ford,mustang

Front pair - $435 w/ free shipping here:

http://www.tunersdepot.com/1984-ford...Fapr7AodewcAVg

Front pair - $419 w/ free shipping here:

http://thmotorsports.com/koni/koni_s.../i-104583.aspx

Don't know anything about these businesses, was only shopping to see who stocked Koni's for our cars and the prices.

Some Boost
    Yep that's where I got mine. Price went up since, I paid $450 shipped. They are adjustable. Koni quoted $450 rebuild with me paying shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakePlisskin View Post
    FYI I was slumming online parts catalogs and Mustangs Unlimited in Conn has our Koni struts for $489.95 new and free shipping. I used them a lot when I was in NY, great company!

good work Rod! $419 would be an awesome price! not so much price for rears.

the $435 is for rears also. the $472 is for front sturts adj.

eh, that $419 is for rear adj. Listed as a clearance item. I wouldn't buy from them then, if they even have any still. Most of these no name sites never update listings. I'll stick to large known companies, summit,jegs,mustangs unlimited,etc. Never had an issue with them for any returns or warranties.

Remember the old saying, you get what you pay for!

eh, that $419 is for rear adj. Listed as a clearance item. I wouldn't buy from them then, if they even have any still. Most of these no name sites never update listings. I'll stick to large known companies, summit,jegs,mustangs unlimited,etc. Never had an issue with them for any returns or warranties.

Remember the old saying, you get what you pay for!
    Hmm, unless we are looking at different sties, $419 ($209.70x2) is for adjustable fronts, not a clearance item. The picture is For Display Purposes Only.

They have a 800# so if I buy from them I'd call first.

I agree you have to be careful of low prices but there are bargains out there if you shop around. I got some killer deals on Ford Truck brake parts from Rockauto that are hard to believe.

Koni THM (1).jpg

Koni THM (2).jpg

rod, the pic is a rear shock and not even correct for a fox body. I saw the pic and that was that. I'm very visual! damn intrawebs and fineprint! It calls them shocks but should say struts,hmmm. I see at bottom right it says front for position. They really should get a new web designer!

Yea, I agree, it was a bit confusing so I had to double/triple check.

rod, the pic is a rear shock and not even correct for a fox body. I saw the pic and that was that. I'm very visual! damn intrawebs and fineprint! It calls them shocks but should say struts,hmmm. I see at bottom right it says front for position. They really should get a new web designer!
    Generic pictures are very common on the interwebs. That's all you'll find at Summitt and Jegs, for example.

If the description doesn't match what you're looking for, call them and chat with a human.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Maximum Motorsports has a good selection of Koni struts/shocks. I went with them, as they were having a sale.

Can someone explain the adjustment procedure for the rears though? What do you mean when you say you have to compress the shock to adjust it? How is that possible while in the vehicle? If it makes a difference, I don't have the stock reds, but rather these yellow ones (single adjustable) http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Ko...ang-P1333.aspx

Thanks

Take the lower shock mount bolt off, remove the lower portion of the shock form the axle bracket.

Using all of your muscle form under the back of the car, push the shock body up until it hits the hard stop when it get fully collapsed. While holding it fully compressed, rotate it to where it stops completely (iirc anti-clockwise is full hard - it's marked on the shock body) then unwind it the specific number of desired turns.

Re-fit the shock lower mount to the axle bracket, re-install bolt/nut, torque to spec (18-24 Ft-Lbs, Iirc.)

Lather, rinse, repeat on other side.

Alternately you can get the Double-Adjustable units and twist the upper/lower knobs. But note they are considered only for racing applications and come with a 90 day warranty from KONI. For more $$

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Hmm. What is the twist thing for then on the top of the shocks (accessible from inside the car) ?

Hmm. What is the twist thing for then on the top of the shocks (accessible from inside the car) ?
    "Standard" KONIs in the SVO era do not have a top twist knob for the rear. Afaik, only the DA units have a top adjustment.

The rear shocks are NOT adjustable from the top, like Mitch explained the REAR shock must be compressed by hand then rotated to the desired dampening effect. (personally I remove them from the car to adjust)

Only the front struts are externally adjusted from the top using either a Koni Key or a pair of pliers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Meotchh
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Anyone who owns an SVO belongs in a Psychiatric hospital.

Found a koni adjustment knob for front struts in the svo today! yay! and .12 cents and two candies of unknown age.

... and .12 cents and two candies of unknown age.
    Any crayons??

http://www.koni.com/car-racing/technology/adjustment/

Hopefully the two links above will clarify, that may have been missed.

Now of course if it isn't quite obvious the SVO have the Koni ""Classics" on the rear, they are single adjustable.

No crayons, yet. lol

That's a weird video. He talks about removing the spacer but instead takes off the rubber bump stop and leaves the white spacer in place.