Thread: problem posting pics

problem posting pics

When I try to upload pics the upload button goes white when I mouse on it, so can't post pics. Can someone look into this? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnakePlisskin View Post
    When I try to upload pics the upload button goes white when I mouse on it, so can't post pics. Can someone look into this? thanks
    Are you talking the "insert Image" tab at the top border of the reply box? I don't think they limit new users for pictures but I have been wrong before! It seems to be working for me. I typically resize them though so as not to be too huge in the post. This one is 'mobile device' size:
    DSC03233 (Mobile).JPG

I also use the "image code" from Photobucket and paste in the link. Although I cannot alter the size after it has been uploaded to them without redoing that part. I believe Photobucket reduces file sizes to a certain point they can take them. These were both originally 5Mb files,, so pretty big:

Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

Quote Originally Posted by SnakePlisskin View Post
    From here I click "Reply", then "Go Advanced". At the top row of icons, between the title field and the message textbox window are several icons Look at the far-right end of that row. On my screen (Win/Firefox) the Attachment paperclip is the third one from the right edge. Attachments can only be inserted/removed from the Advanced editing dialog afaik.
    Attachments.jpg

Click on the paperclip (left side of icon) and it will open a Manage Atachments dialogbox (with "Browse" buttons to search for and attach files). How this box is displayed depends on computer OS, browser, preference settings, etc. This is how it displays on MY computers:
    ManangeAtt.jpg

Once pics are uploaded, they are now a part of the message/post and will appear at the end of the post, by default. The right side of the Attachments icon can also be used to p[lace the attachments "in-line" by first placing the cursor where you want the attachment to appear, then clicking the right-side down arrow of the icon. When you click on the arrow a list of current attachments is shown annclicking on one of the listings (or "insert all") will place that attachment where the cursor is.

Note that the ordering of "Insert All" is not necessarily the order the attachments were attached in. You can drag/drop the pictures/attachments around in the Advanced editing window. Use Preview often to check your work. This is what the Testing area is specifically built for.

This vid also describes how to add attachment(s) in vB 4.

BTW - You're banned until your next post (with or without attachments).
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Mike, I click on the insert image icon and the select files button in the popup is what I'm referring to. A lot of what you posted going to take me a while to decipher! Appreciate the help. I don't know why that select file button is glitchy now, that's how I was doing it before.

Your banned also until you reply.

ok, I'm checked the advanced feature thingy and I can make it work that way. It seems the insert image box no longer works for me. damn intrawebs.

AFAIK you can only insert or attach images from the Advanced edit page. That's what the vB 4 manual shows.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

I just uploaded a pic from the "additional options" tab and when I went to click on the "upload" button the box went white like Snake said above.
    I clicked on it anyway and the pic uploaded into my post no problem.
    86 SVOs = 2A - Drag & 2R - Driver & 1C - Rusty
    84 GT Turbos = 'verts & hatch