Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: 84 vinyl headliner w/sunroof

84 vinyl headliner w/sunroof

I am wondering who has a source for a replacement vinyl headliner for 84 sunroof car, or a supplier for a match to the logan grain vinyl? I guess I'd like to stay as original as possible on my refurb project

Dan

Some info here but I haven't found a source of the vinyl yet. Sounds like we have twin projects!

(Including the early cars, I have a 65 A code coupe awaiting lots of attention)

http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthre...on-sunroof-car

I haven't been able to find anything online yet regarding a source for a match to the original logan grain vinyl. I am going to say in my case the vinyl has shrunk beyond a repair attempt

Half Boost
    Not to hijack this thread, but it looks like the three of us need to get together. We are only about an hour or so apart from each other.

Yea, not sure if I can salvage my headliner or not. Certainly can't do much with it now in this weather. Brrrrrr

I agree, we should get together sometime. I'll be at All Ford Carlisle but don't know if I'll have the SVO.

Trying to get it freshened up and reliable so I can take some road trips this summer.

I sure hope to get mine in a running state soon. Just need it to get above freezing

Half Boost
    "not sure if I can salvage my headliner or not"
    Is it shrunk up or just falling down???

Falling down, and by the look of the wrinkles, shrunk up. I don't know about trying to stretch it out with some heat. Anyone ever try that? What do you suppose will happen to all of the pre-cut holes?

Building Boost
    Went through all this with one of mine several years ago. The shop said they would not use the old headliner. Lot of work for them to clean off old foam and glue. The old vinyl is not flexible enough and will probably tear. We selected a charcoal grey that was very similar. Unless you going for concours gold use what is close. Think it cost $85.

That's what I figured, any idea who the supplier of the vinyl was?

IF it ever warms up, I may try cleaning mine up and attempt to re-use it. It's still attached at the sunroof so I figure I'll peel it to that point, clean the foam/glue and re-glue it back to the headliner board (assuming it's not obviously shrunk too much).

Building Boost
    Most shops use the same jobber warehouse catalogs for their materials. They will cross reference to find the closest match. They have the big binder books with the samples.

My 85 4E car has a loose headliner around the sunroof. I was hoping to be able to reattach it, so this is interesting, I will be in the same boat in the future.
    86 SVO (9L)

Building Boost
    Same here. Original was beyond repair. Went with non-stock foam; looks better than what I had. svoint 002.jpgsvoint 003.jpg20131212_131400.jpg
    Do no harm

Yeah, I'm going to quit stressing out about the vinyl, and go with the mouse hair, yours looks great. That's just one of many projects on the list...