Thread: While the SVO is waiting

Some Boost

While the SVO is waiting

While I'm waiting for new injectors to finish off my engine rebuild I got the Cobra out of winter hibernation. 003.jpg002.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg012.jpg

That is beyond gorgeous!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sweet!
    1979 Pace Car ~ 1982 GT T-Top
    1986 1C SVO ~ 1986 GT vert

Thanks for sharing your car - tell us more

One of the best cars I've ever owned. I could cruze down the hwy going 80 MPH with the A/C on and still get 24 MPG. Mine was #1060 of 4993 - Every option available but the block heater...
    93 Cobra driverside.JPG

93 Cobra shadow.JPG93 Cobra interior.JPG
    7B SL55

Some Boost
    Look like twins...mine is # 2100 Full option listing also. All stock with 100% Ford or Motorcraft parts used. Last Fall I managed to locate Goodyear Gatorbacks. 2010 dated tires still in the wrapper. May have been the last production run from Goodyear.
    I was looking for a red Cobra when I found my SVO so I decided it would be cool to have both the first and last Special Vehicle FOX body cars. My son has a 1st gen Lightning also

Nice Dave! You got the correct color too :-)

Too bad Greg sold his. Now he's got a little blue German car.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

We shall not speak of Greg...LOL

Beautiful cars guys.
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

Building Boost
    Yes, very cool cars!
    Do no harm

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Holmes View Post
    We shall not speak of Greg...LOL

Beautiful cars guys.
    First off...Greg did not get the right color...this is the right color (pay no attention to the Cheby sitting next to it)....

CobraHome1.jpg

Second...Greg got rid of this 380HP beast to buy a blue German car????

Driver side 86 1E SVO.jpg

But Greg did take me for a ride in his German puke car...it was rather "pleasant"
    I have the second...make that the first best 2.3t race car. Bob has...had the best one...Bob...when is the last time yours was on the track...lets race for Pinks! I'll be at Buttonwillow in September!

Some Boost
    Nice, you guys are really selling me on the tribars
    weres the chrome caps from?

Quote Originally Posted by vrinner View Post
    First off...Greg did not get the right color...this is the right color (pay no attention to the Cheby sitting next to it)....

CobraHome1.jpg

Second...Greg got rid of this 380HP beast to buy a blue German car????

Driver side 86 1E SVO.jpg

But Greg did take me for a ride in his German puke car...it was rather "pleasant"
    Vince,

First - I sold my 1993 Cobra to buy that 1986 1E SVO and turn it into a 380HP Beast... what was I thinking???

Second - I sold that 1E 380 HP beast and bought a 510 BHP German puke car with a convertible hard top - I knew what I was doing!!!

Third (and finally) - I drive that puke $140K sticker priced car everyday - bought the car with 17,000 miles on it and didn't pay anywhere remotely close to that sticker price (bad economy). I don't care how many miles I put on it and enjoy the s%$t out of it - rain or shine. That is the best decision of all!!! Drive it man! That's what I have to say - what ever you have, drive it!

With that said, I do miss the 1993 cobra and the 1986 1E SVO. AND, I did go to the Mercerdes dealer a couple months ago and drove the new CLA 45 turbo 4. WHOA! 360 hp and a 4.0 0-60 time. Really nice turbo 4 car with all the power, every SVO'er wants from their SVO. They wanted my puke car and way too much money for the CLA45. I still have the blue German puke V8 kompressor hard top contertible. I know when I'm ahead...

I keep thinking I'll find that next SVO soon too.

IMG_0002.jpg
    7B SL55

Quote Originally Posted by in2fords View Post
    Nice, you guys are really selling me on the tribars
    weres the chrome caps from?

I searched and found them on-line. Not to expensive and fit the bill nicely. I wanted something to match (rim lip is polished) that looked good and they can always be painted to match the rim color as well. When I was searching, any used ones I found were similarly priced.
    7B SL55

Dave - I've got a set of new injectors for you if you need them (back on topic).
    7B SL55

Nice '93Cobra!!!! Ya gotta love owning 2 stellar Fox Mustangs!!!! Mine is a Teal with black cloth interior. The rarest color combo for the '93 Cobras being 1 of 185!!! She only has 24K miles on her. Of course I also love my '86 9L SVO with 36K on the clock. Both are awsome in their own special way.

'85GT
    '93COBRA

And the funny thing is that the white SVO up there that Esco currently owns also belonged to the guy with the blue German machine (notice I didn't say puke mobile)....

Small world.

Carry on - BTW - all of these are gorgeous Cobra's. Thanks for posting pics!

JT
    1979 Pace Car ~ 1982 GT T-Top
    1986 1C SVO ~ 1986 GT vert

I had an SVO before. Maybe I'll look at buying another one soon. I doubt I look into a puke mobile unless it is a CLA45.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

My son has an SL 63 and bought it really dirt cheap! Had to rebuild the super charger at 60K miles which is typical I hear. Had to replace a motor mount too, but that's been it. We have upgraded it for a few more horses, the thing is just a beast! A really good car, comfortable and fun to drive!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven855 View Post
    My son has an SL 63 and bought it really dirt cheap! Had to rebuild the super charger at 60K miles which is typical I hear. Had to replace a motor mount too, but that's been it. We have upgraded it for a few more horses, the thing is just a beast! A really good car, comfortable and fun to drive!

Whoa, whoa, whoa... SL 63 has a supercharger? The AMG motors starting from around 2003, went from supercharged V-8's (AMG 55's series) to N/A V-8's (AMG 63 series) to the now twin turbo V-8's (still AMG 63 series). No superchargers since 2008. You want some muscle? Try the SL 65 - twin turbo V-12 with 621 HP and 738 ft/lbs.
    7B SL55

One of my Dad's boating buddies bought an SL65 a couple of years back...while his wife was buying a GL450 on the other side of the showroom. He was stoked because he got it for under 200K...ack! Well, in the first 140 miles of driving it he had already accumulated 3 tickets, 2 on just one stop for that fact. He said the speed would just 'sneak' up on him...I am sorry, but 125 mph on a 45 mph on-ramp had nothing to do with 'sneaking' up on you. Raising the hair on your neck, yes, but not sneaking.

Enough off-topic, all the Cobra's noted above are just plain sweet and the fact they are stock is even cooler. Most every one of those I have seen around here over the past few years have been severely modified into drag-only cars...certainly not what was originally intended. To each his/her own I guess.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 MINI Cooper S Clubman ALL4