Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Low Mile 86 in TX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Some Boost

$$$$

Low mileage original car with a repaint.

Begs the question...why?

Lots of little things bother me about this car and ad.

My observations from the pics in the ad:

• It's missing the thin trim molding
    • From the pics in the ad, the door trim appears to be too dark in color (that could be lighting)
    • Looks like the engine bay has undercoating sprayed in it (could be the poor quality pics)
    • Fender bolts have been replaced, why?
    • Missing the decal for the fan shroud, surprising for such low miles
    • Someone installed an alarm so the harness has likely been hacked & its pretty obvious there are new holes on the passenger shock tower.
    • Did any of the SVOs come from the factory with a tinted strip at the top of the windshield?
    • It's missing the correct front license plate frame
    • Why was it repainted??
    • The gauges look awfully faded. But that could be due to the poor picture quality?
    • What happened to the original Gatorbacks? I still have them with my 38K mile car.
    • On top of the $19,500.00 price tag, the winning bidder has to pay a $150.00 documentation fee. I guess thats the price you pay buying from an outfit like that?
    • The shift knob & steering wheel look GREAT!

Low mileage is nice, but there are quite a few questionable items on such a low mile car. I would also expect that someone selling such a low mile car for that asking price would do a better job at taking pics of the car. Maybe someone near by can stop by & view the car to confirm or clear up the points above? With the poor quality pics, I was quite surprised with the following quote in the ad:
    Seller Notes: Near perfect! Read description and see pictures as they speak for themselves

There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Some Boost
    Magnolia Tx is down around Houston area, maybe a little north west of there. Car does look good but I noticed they expect bidder to pay for a CarFax report!
    For that kind of $ I would expect it to be provided with the auction info.
    In addition to what Mitch pointed out, (I agree completely) is that a service replacement sticker on the overflow bottle?
    I would like to see pictures of the bottom sides also along with the vin ID stickers on DS door and also tire stickers on ps door jam.

This kind of paint job could cost nearly 10,000usd alone,
    While you could pay that much, it's certainly not more than $5K worth of a paint job.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

For anyone interested, below are the answers I received to the questions I sent. I just took my observations above & sent them as questions:

Thanks for your interest. I will try to be as specific as i can as i am not the original owner of the vehicle and dont know all of its history....

The car was repainted less than a year ago and saw no mileage since then. Same color but way better quality, no orange peel, really nice clearcoat and very well done door inside areas as well as the hatch sorroundings. Its near a how quality paint

I am not aware of any bolts replaced but thats not impossible

As far as i know, not all the svos had the thin trim youre telling me about

The polished parts are not replacement parts on the engine bay, theyre additions, so underneath you will find the original caps and the polished covers on the towers simply screw on and off at your will

We dont have any other parts, like tires, license plate brackets, nor any other

It seems that the engine bay paint was left unmolested but also cannot assure that

The car looks really awesome and ill be more than glad to send you more pics if you provide me with your email address
    Thanks a lot

- revelwoodspeedlab
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...