Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Anyone have a source or make themselves a good bi-wing support?

Building Boost

Anyone have a source or make themselves a good bi-wing support?

My bi-wing is in good shape and I would like to keep it that way. When I was posting on the SVOCA site, I was unable to get much in the way of info on getting some kind of support for it.

Does anyone know of a source for these?

thanks,

phil

Phil, There is a vendor here selling those. You should be able to find him with a search for wing supports.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

My Supports

I have seen most supports, and I like these the best. I recall Bud chewing this guy out over on the other site. The guy making these was only offering an alternative support "then". Bud said he should have gone through the proper channels and since he was not even a member to take his product elsewhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, Bud always had a way with people. His own, unique way.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Yes, Bud always had a way with people. His own, unique way.
    So politically correct.

There was also a guy in NC making molded black plastic versions. Believe he was chased off of the other site too.

Thumbs Up

Rod, contact Jason for the supports. He makes a nice fire extinguisher mount too:

http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthre...-wing-supports

No, I'm not getting a kickback...lol
    86 SVOs = 2A - Drag & 2R - Driver & 1C - Rusty
    84 GT Turbos = 'verts & hatch

Thanks for posting the info.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Building Boost
    Yes, thanks for the thread. Those supports look very sturdy and I like the adjustability. I have seen some for sale commercially before, but was told that because they were plastic, they tended to break sooner or later. The metal ones looks pretty tough. Where they 'attach to the wing, do they just fit in the existing screw holes?

BTW, I have emailed the seller. Thanks again!

I know this is a little late to the discussion, but I bought the plastic support from the guy in NC at about the same time he got run off the other forum. I was and still am very satisfied with the quality and appearance of the device, it almost looks like a factory accessory. I don't have the information handy at the moment, but if there any folks interested, post to this thread or message me and I'll get it posted.

Building Boost
    Is this the company in NC that you are talking about? Has anyone tried these supports? http://www.gaugepods.com/svo.html

I like their look more than metallic ones but I'm bit suspicious how strong they really are
    Lauri

1984 Mustang SVO 1C
    1988 Tbird TC 1C

Half Boost
    I had one of those but it broke.

Half Boost
    Someone on the SVOCA site put a printable diagram up one time and it is made to print off to the correct size so you can use it as a pattern to make a flat plate with all the correct contours to fit between the glass and the bottom of the wing.
    I used that and made a pair from pieces of a flat bug shield. They fit like a charm.

Half Boost
    Sorry, they cant be seen in this pic. I don't have any pics from the rear at the moment.

Half Boost
    I hope the pic works. I made them from plexiglass. The left one is thinner and cracked after a bunch of years, then I made thicker ones that went up more out of site.

Half Boost
    That's sorta what mine look like, except they are black.

Animated Italian Gigolo blueboss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnSVO View Post
    Is this the company in NC that you are talking about? Has anyone tried these supports? http://www.gaugepods.com/svo.html

I like their look more than metallic ones but I'm bit suspicious how strong they really are
    They lasted exactly 2 weeks. They're garbage.....and that's being generous. Stick with the more substantial ones.
    "Some trannys can operate both types of gearboxes but manual gearboxes with clutch pedals are more difficult to operate with heels on."

I just bought a couple of these to try. They were reasonably priced so I thought I would give them a try. I am going to paint them to match. Mike Martinelli http://www.mikemartinelli.com/ had the link on his little website: http://www.shapeways.com/product/LXB...i-wing-support

Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

Kinda reminds me of those new-wave chairs we saw in the 70's. Of course the scale is probably a bit off.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite