Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Kentucky!

Hello from Kentucky!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sarah, and I do not yet have an SVO, but I want to get one. I currently drive a 2012 Mustang V6 (for the gas mileage!). It's a great car. Love it. Previously I drove a Honda Civic for 10 years so you can imagine how much more fun this Mustang is

This board looks great. I'm excited to learn more about SVOs!!

Welcome aboard Sarah. You're in an area with quite a few SVO owners. If you're looking to buy one, I know DaveS & Stacey are in the market to sell 1 or 2. They're not far from you.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Quote Originally Posted by Meotchh View Post
    Welcome aboard Sarah. You're in an area with quite a few SVO owners. If you're looking to buy one, I know DaveS & Stacey are in the market to sell 1 or 2. They're not far from you.
    Already in discussions...hopefully our SVO(s) will find a good home.

Lol interesting you mention them. I've known them for 27 years. I'm their niece

And yep, we have spoken about his available SVOs. Hopefully he gives me a family discount I've looked around and there doesn't seem to be too many available in this area.

Welcome Aboard!!
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by ULcards99 View Post

And yep, we have spoken about his available SVOs. Hopefully he gives me a family discount I've looked around and there doesn't seem to be too many available in this area.
    Hey Sarah welcome, hope that you find a nice SVO. What color, year etc, are you after?

Welcome to the site and hopefully (soon) welcome to the club! I've not even owned my '86 for a year and had less than two months driving time before storage for WINTER (boo winter!) I can't wait for the streets to be free of salt and gravel! Good luck in your search!
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

Welcome Sarah, good luck with finding a svo.
    The Machine speaks for itself !!

I want a 'fun' color. Something bright - orange, red or blue. My '12 Mustang is silver so I want something that pops An '85 or '86 would probably be the ones I would mainly consider. I also don't want a huge project. It has to be in decent shape. If it needs some fixing up, that's fine but don't want a money pit

... but don't want a money pit
    Uh... LOLZ!

::m::

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

... before storage for WINTER (boo winter!) ...
    LOL - made me laugh. Around here we put away the sports cars during the summer - drive and track them in "winter".

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by baltimucho View Post
    Uh... LOLZ!

::m::
    I know...you can choose to put a lot into it or not. It's all about choices lol I just want one that's been kept in good shape so I'm not having to do paint jobs or rebuilding anything right away.

Building Boost
    I know... or rebuilding anything right away.
    Don't forget we're talking about SVOs...re: rebuilding anything right away...

Since Sarah hasn't said anything, I will. Saturday she became the owner of my 1986 2R SVO...the transfer will occur this Wednesday (so legally, I guess we still own it...but it is paid for). Odd, I took both Sarah and Chris for a ride in my '84 (even let Chris drive it for a few miles) and upon returning home, they were convinced they had to have an SVO (Chris has owned quite a few cars and although not a Ford guy yet, is pretty good around cars). That is how it all started.

Some history on the car...I originally picked up the car in 2008 in Newton Kansas and have done an extensive amount of work to it since (including motor, transmission, differential and PS rack rebuild). Sarah and Chris got a great deal AND the SVO remains in the family. They have already been to, as spectators, an SCCA event and I'm encouraging them to make Sturgis this year.

Yes, her avitar is the car that was just purchased. Join me in welcoming them to the crazy world of SVO ownership (I did warn them!)

Yeahhhh I guess I could have said something!! AND Chris hasn't even introduced himself yet!

We do want to go to Sturgis. Looks like a great time! I think we are also going to get into the whole autocross thing. It was super fun on Sunday.

I kind of already want another one!! And I can't even drive this one yet lol never learned the whole manual thing.

Noob
    Well I'm Chris...! Second '86 Ford I have owned, the first being an F-250. I love the SVO so far, it's a hoot to drive. I'm looking forward to getting into it some more. I'm not looking forward to teaching Sarah to drive a stick though. Neither one of us are known for our patience!

Half Boost
    Welcome to both of you! You bought from the right guy at least. Sorry to hear Dave actually sold a Mustang after all this time! Do you still have the Black 86 Dave?

I still have the black '86...currently there are two people thinking about buying it. If the black '86 sells, I'll be down to two SVOs.

If the black '86 sells, I'll be down to two SVOs.
    Then we will be forced to call for an intervention.

Sarah and Chris, welcome to the club! Hope you 2 can make it to Sturgis it is lots of fun! I drove my 2006 Mustang GT out there last year but will be bringing my 1984 SVO this year and hopefully participate in some of the events, I'm sure you got a great car from Dave.

Tom