Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autocross - Sunday 4/27 - Louisville, KY

Half Boost
    It doesn't take much to get bumped. A manual boost controller is enough as is aftermarket rear control arms!

Some of the rules that pushed my car into prepared class are:
    -Differential position must not be changed (aftermarket rear control arms)
    -Turbocharger may not be changed or modified.
    -No wastegate changes
    -No changes to blow off valve
    -Fluid capacity and dry weight of the radiator must be no less than that of the standard part. Installation of an alternate radiator may serve no other purpose

There are plenty more but those are the ones that are most restrictive for SVOs. Take a look at the 2014 SCCA rule book, start at page 89 for Street Prepared class rules and page 113 for Prepared class rules.

I believe the rule on manual boost controllers have changed from what Bruce noted above (or at least that is my interpretation); here is the way the current SP rule reads: Boost regulation systems, either electronic or mechanical, and electronic fuel cuts referencing boost pressure may be altered or modified except as prohibited herein. Boost pressure changes resulting from authorized changes are permitted

Lastly, I'd like to add that at Sturgis, if you choose to run the autocross, does not run classes...everybody competes against everybody else (run what you brung).

Half Boost
    Did you autocross last year at Sturgis?

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    Did you autocross last year at Sturgis?
    I did not autocross at Sturgis 2013; however, I did autocross at Sturgis in 2012 and, along with another SVO, was in the top 16 finishers.
    I drove the blue '84 to Sturgis in 2013 and it wasn't ready to autocross at that time...my plan is to have it ready to autocross in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    ...my plan is to have it ready to autocross in 2014.
    Uh-oh.... "Ready" means Dave is gonna be faaaaast!
    Bad choices make great stories....!

Half Boost
    What do you mean gonna be? He's been practicing forever! Seat time is everything. Still no results from this one??

If he keeps practicing, soon he will be as good as Stacy!

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    Still no results from this one??
    Realize this event was the first one we've run in about two years. Stacey finished mid-pack in GS, I was the only one registered in CP and I was happy with my time (it was the first time I've autocrossed the '84).

SVOTim has had the seat time lately and has done great at the local SCCA events. For the first points event, he was the fasted car in all the prepared classes. I've got my work cut out for me if I'm going to catch him.

What has SVOTim done to his car?

The question is what has Dave done with the 84 since last year at Sturgis where he didn't run. If he is happy with his time I suspect he has been working. What sucks about living in MN there is very little time to work without freezing or now getting wet, it was snowing again today!! I will need more than sticky tires to keep up with Dave and Doug oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven855 View Post
    What has SVOTim done to his car?
    I do not know...haven't seen Tim for about two years. He has gotten LOTS of seat time though!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    I do not know...haven't seen Tim for about two years. He has gotten LOTS of seat time though!
    Some magic dust... and hold the pedal on the right to the floor

Sorry I couldn't make it Dave. Would have enjoyed it... I will be there on the next one. And ready

Things aren't looking so good for me to make the next autocross on the 18th. The pictures below show where I am on disassembly.

IMG_4592.JPG

On another note, I've included a few pictures of what rear axle "Bearing Savers" look like (ignore the differential parts sitting next to it as well as the celebrity woman on the newspaper page).

IMG_4591.JPG

IMG_4590.JPG

All too familiar with those, ran them in my former 80 NA Mustang and I am actually currently running them in my SVO. One thing I can say for them is that you, 1) prep your axles where the bearings and seal ride BEFORE installing them and 2) be very gentle pushing your axles inboard to install the c-clips. Ignoring either one of these details will destroy the integral seal, cause a real mess with leaking axle fluid, cause a real 'stink' with the fresh friction modifier in said fluid and just make a nice paper weight of your new axle saver...ask me how I know!?!
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 MINI Cooper S Clubman ALL4