Thread: Ranger Roller

Ranger Roller

What are some key identifiers of the ranger roller cam. There is someone in my town selling a roller svo head with what he says is a bigger than stock cam. But he knows nothing about it he said it came of a 91 SVO. I would like to know what cam is in the head before I purchase it. Hopefully I can get it for a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by 84svounoh View Post
    ...he said it came of a 91 SVO.
    That should be your first clue...

::m::

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lol yeah I informed him that was false

Half Boost
    The only markings I found on my RR was K 8122. Between the int and ext lobes of cyl 1. It has 4 lines the length of the cam that make it look like its not all one piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Look at the back on the flat face of the rear bearing, just beyond where the thrust plate mounts. THat's usually where markings appear on these cams.

The early ones (both the A237 and other rollers) used that assembled/pressed into place design. The first of the steel lobes.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Well there's probably good odds of it being a rr. In the crappy picture the seller sent I can see one of those lines.

Half Boost
    i dont want to hijack a thread , but does anyone know where to get just a new roller cam????? All the parts sites only list the entire cylinder head.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    i dont want to hijack a thread , but does anyone know where to get just a new roller cam????? All the parts sites only list the entire cylinder head.
    You've gone & done it anyway. Now you're banned until you create your own cam thread our until your next post.
    You can purchase a new roller cam from Crower. A new custom ground roller will set you back about $350 - $380 from Crower. Oh, it usually only takes a week or two tops to receive a custom ground cam from Crower.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Building Boost Honorary Member
    this question has been brought up before. it is my understanding that the later rollers for the 2.3 have basically the same figures( lift, overlap duration etc) as the cams that were cast vice steel. i have used previously used rollers in all my 2.3 rebuilds. i have also miced the rollers and found miniscule wear.
    bob

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    The only markings I found on my RR was K 8122. Between the int and ext lobes of cyl 1. It has 4 lines the length of the cam that make it look like its not all one piece.
    Yep, if you go to my build (86 2r) thread I just pulled my cam out and there are no marking except for k and four numbers following. And a number 4 stamped between lobes as well. I figured it was a rr but I figured it would have a Ford stamping