Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: WTB 1985-86 Dash Hull (Plastic)

WTB 1985-86 Dash Hull (Plastic)

Hey guys, I am looking for a nice crack free dash hull for my restoration. I would like for it to be from an 85-86, since they were different, and I have a spare 84 one sitting here that I don't want to use for that very reason. Any help locating one would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Blake Mcintyre.

Any Mustang from those same years will be the same, AFAIK. Just clean and paint it.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Thanks Mike, That's what I plan on doing if I can find one that's wasn't originally red.

What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar
    I thought the only major difference was the radio opening???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noob
    I Have an 85.5 dash hull if your still in need. I need to get it out of the car before i take it to the crusher. Just fyi i got this car as a parts car. No motor no tranny. Rust. Not very much interior. no hood. rear quarter panels trashed. fenders goners.no deck lid.etc.... I can post pics if need to verify that it is a parts car.

Some Boost
    Hey, speaking of Dash Hulls, I'm looking for the white wire harness retainers that clip in and hang off the dash hull around the glove compartment. They are about 2-3 inches large, one is smaller and D shaped, the other larger and more Q shaped. I need the larger Q shaped one, or even just proper pictures of it to recreate and 3D print to the right scale.

I had one of the smaller D shaped ones that was enough intact that I could quickly work up a 3D cad for and 3D printed out of ABS plastic at the local Makerspace (for free!) Its not for the concours, they are more opaque, more white. But they are more elastic than the injected molded originals, and lighter.

Needless to say, I'd be more than happy to share the files needed to print your own if anyone needs them.

Does anyone have one they can send, or one they can send pictures of?

I'm sure I have some. Might have time over the weekend to look between F1 events.

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Some Boost
    Just wondering if anyone found any white wire harness retainers that clip in and hang off the dash hull around the glove compartment. Many thanks.

Sorry, didn't remember to look. Was busy watching Hamilton get a very good start on this 3rd World Drivers Championship.

Noob
    I will have to check on those clips that you need and try and post pics for you Desert Patina.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    I will have to check on those clips that you need and try and post pics for you Desert Patina.
    Many thanks! I can also give good news.

The guy at AMP salvage (who just bought a pretty sweet stock SVO himself) got me some. I'll be posting it to shapeways shortly. I have the model mostly built.

Again thanks to everyone who looked for one.

Hey, speaking of Dash Hulls, I'm looking for the white wire harness retainers that clip in and hang off the dash hull around the glove compartment. They are about 2-3 inches large, one is smaller and D shaped, the other larger and more Q shaped. I need the larger Q shaped one, or even just proper pictures of it to recreate and 3D print to the right scale.

I had one of the smaller D shaped ones that was enough intact that I could quickly work up a 3D cad for and 3D printed out of ABS plastic at the local Makerspace (for free!) Its not for the concours, they are more opaque, more white. But they are more elastic than the injected molded originals, and lighter.

Needless to say, I'd be more than happy to share the files needed to print your own if anyone needs them.

Does anyone have one they can send, or one they can send pictures of?
    Found these today. Which ones you want?
    Img_2654.jpg

Some Boost
    Thanks again to everyone who checked and helped. I now have the reproductions printed. I'll load it up to Shapeways soon.

IMG_20150403_141234921.jpg

Sweet!

That's pretty cool! Any idea how long those reprints would last?
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Some Boost
    I'm not sure.

These specific reprints are ABS plastic, which is the same as the dash-hull itself, using a simple melted and plotted layered print. Since one of my hulls is currently crackling into Dust (after 30 years) I can't say they last forever.

For the ones I printed, they tend to be weakest to shear between the lines along the same layer (rather than between layers).

Shapeways has printing options that avoid that problem, and have a strength the same or much greater than the injected plastic that the original parts are. I'll post more on that when I upload to there.