Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New & Improved Red 85 SVO

Building Boost
    I'm waiting for the kit to arrive.

Looks great, thanks for posting your progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend came over and helped me put the turbo back on. He did a good job hooking up the turbo bracket and oil return line. I'll get the fan delivered tomorrow. Still have a lot to do to get er done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I got everything up and running. Put a charge in it yesterday. It wasn't a hot day so I didn't fully charge it. I got it putting out 54* now. It will be in the 80's today I'll put my guages on it today and give it a full charge. Nice to have ac after 20 years of no ac in this car.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

God I am kicking myself for not buying this kit while it was available...

Thumbs Up

Looking good great progress
    The Machine speaks for itself !!

The car is running real good, I got the leaks down to very little when I put the hammer down. I have a new 140 amp alternator o/o. The fan and AC suck the voltage down. When they aren't on good charging. I got a amp clamp from Harbor going to check amp draw today.

I got my new 150 amp Tuff Stuff G3 alternator today. Next I'm going to get a Optima red top battery. Now I need some time to put it in.

Some Boost
    I bought a red top once. It lasted a year. If you are going to spend that much money, get the yellow top. My neighbors finally gave up the ghost after 10 years.

I got the Tuff Stuff G3 150 amp installed. It can handle the load of A/C & everything turned on nice steady 14 volts. Load tested the battery it's still good so I didn't need a battery.

Building Boost
    On my "to do" list is re-installing my A/C.
    Was debating on using the original parts (and taking a chance that they are any good), installing newer T-Bird compressor and parts, or finding an aftermarket kit...
    You just made my decision much harder.
    I've heard the original system is pretty inefficient.
    I'm also on a budget, and I highly doubt that system you installed is inexpensive.
    It's kindof cool reading your progress, though.

Thumbs Up

I did some fine tuning the system today. I got it down to 43*. Then it cycles. Cools great. I did a lot of bare wire repair. I think I had it wired up before were I had a voltage drain that was affecting the total correct operation of the car including my spark. The car now runs like a Rocket!

I made a big change in the handling this weekend. I bought some new tires that are the correct size. I went from 235/55x17 to 225/45x17. I got Cooper Zeon tires. I don't have anymore scrapping. The handling feels great.I also ordered some Steeda full subframe connectors, lift cylinders for the hatch and some Rockford Fosgate 5 x 7 for the rear. I already put the 3 1/2" Rockford in the dash Saturday. They sound great hooked up to my JVC. The next item down the road are SS brake hoses.

UPS brought some parts yesterday. The Rockford speakers fit in the panels perfect. The speakers sound grrreat! When I get time I'll get the new Koni's and the subframe connectors in.
    1214161218a.jpgDSC00015.jpgSteeda subframe connectors.jpgKoni shocks.jpgspeaker grill.jpg5x7 Rockford.jpg

Thumbs Up

I put new decals on my gauges and a new plastic cover. That way when the cop says Do you know how fast you were going I can tell him. I also put in new bushings for the transmission cross mount and new center caps.

Mustang centercap.jpgTransmission crossmember bushings.jpgInstrument panel.jpg

Now that it's running strong I figured I better replace the old brake hoses. These should give me some good pedal feel under hard braking.Just checked sending these back for the correct ones. Wrong year. Hurry up and wait!

Brake hoses.jpg

Thumbs Up

I reinstalled my instrument panel today. When I was researching wiring problems I ran across a post to which 2 Mike's in a row were adamant about changing out the ignition module. Two Mikes can't be wrong so I did. It did make a big difference in the way the engine is running. It doesn't hunt at any time. It seems to be running smoother and no hesitation. The old one had a gap on the back side and was like it had a spring in it. Glad I did it before it failed. Thank you Mikes!

in stalled.jpgNew no gap.jpgOld gap.jpgnew face panel.jpg

I've been driving a lot on the Nascar I-285. 6 fast lanes. The car is running real good 85-100. The car gets a lot of looks and a lot of crs that want to run. I really like the windows up AC & stereo on. The new shocks made a difference at speed and the brake pedal feels great. Just lovin it.

I've had this poster for years above my door. Now it's true! Once I install Clear View it will be complete. I Love Lucy!

Building Boost
    I had to check out your thread since you have been helping me on mine. First, your car is great, I hope I can get mine there in the coming months. Second, red is the best color. Third, once I have the thing running like it should be I will have to pick your brain about the A/C you did since Hose Wizards isnt around any longer, but the heat in Houston isnt going anywhere. That third thing will probably be a while, but it is good to know that there is a fellow vet out there who already paved the way for me

Quote Originally Posted by brotharon View Post
    red is the best color.
    Worth repeating.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite