Thread: New & Improved Red 85 SVO

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New & Improved Red 85 SVO

I've been working on this car over 20 years. I just got everything back together & drove her around. Working great. The problems I had had to do with wiring, timing & broken gears. It's now New & Improved.

Wink

That's great news , do you have some pictures of your car you can share?
    The Machine speaks for itself !!

I'm trying to post some pics but I'm not doing something right it goes to yahoo when I try to attach a pic.

Well I can't get pictures posted. I drove about 60 miles today for testing. It's running great. It drives like a new car. Wisco pistons .030 over. Big valve ported head Compitition Cams cam , water cooled AR.63,single 2 1/2 single exhaust straight Cherry Bomb muffler 3:73 rear axle, Bullet 17 in wheels

You could always as email pics to someone that may know how to post pics.

Just sayin'.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

I like the Hogans Hero's reference...

I got the new cam, lifters, seals, valves redone and the head is ready to go back on. I'm going to use some new Green Gaint 42lb injectors with the chip for awhile since I won't be hammering on the engine. I have to wait til a friend can help me put the head on, then I have to put all the Stuff back on then get him back t fire it up. I know the critical deal about breaking in the cam 20 min. @ 1800 rpms. It will be awhile before I'll be firing it up. I have 2 PE computers 1 has D6J02 *244* 6H292 the other has D6J23 *244* 6J222 both E5ZF-12650-E3A Do they both have the same calibration?
    Head 1-ready.jpg
    2-Big valves.jpg
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

. I know the critical deal about breaking in the cam 20 min. @ 1800 rpms. It will be awhile before I'll be firing it up. I have 2 PE computers 1 has D6J02 *244* 6H292 the other has D6J23 *244* 6J222 both E5ZF-12650-E3A Do they both have the same calibration?
    Get evrything setup and primed before firing/cranking the engine so it wil lstart right away. Crank less than ten seconds and get the RPM between 2500 and 3000 RPM and hold it there for the first 20 minutes. 1800 is too low.

While it's running at 2500, get timing set (30 BTC total with SPOUT in for a PE) and look for leaks.

All EECs with PE on them has the same calibration. Part numbers and date codes are irrelevant.

Make sure your "chip" works properly with a PE and with the 42Lb injectors or the running in will be way too rich.

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Engle said in their direction to not go over 2k and not below 1500. I did use the 42 lb before for a short time. I always have somebody set the timing quickly while I hold the rpms up. It'll be good
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I did use the 42 lb before for a short time
    Do you have a chip on the PE?

Building Boost
    I'm waiting for the kit to arrive.

Looks great, thanks for posting your progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend came over and helped me put the turbo back on. He did a good job hooking up the turbo bracket and oil return line. I'll get the fan delivered tomorrow. Still have a lot to do to get er done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I got everything up and running. Put a charge in it yesterday. It wasn't a hot day so I didn't fully charge it. I got it putting out 54* now. It will be in the 80's today I'll put my guages on it today and give it a full charge. Nice to have ac after 20 years of no ac in this car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

God I am kicking myself for not buying this kit while it was available...

Thumbs Up

Looking good great progress
    The Machine speaks for itself !!