Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New & Improved Red 85 SVO

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Worth repeating.
    People have been banned for lesser offenses.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Meotchh View Post
    You shouldn't ban someone for not knowing that red is the best color. It is a mistake that I see many Toyota Camry drivers making on a daily basis. It is easily corrected by showing them a beautiful red car like the OP of this thread has done.

And they wear their "BANNED" hat with pride!!!
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

that is 1992 Ford truck Red!
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And Mike is da man!

Quote Originally Posted by rodster View Post
    And Mike is da man!
    Banned!! Until your next post, for attempting to further inflate Mike's ego.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Banned!! Until your next post, for attempting to further inflate Mike's ego.
    Awwwww, Come on Buuuud......

Got my car back from RJ Performane this morning with my new Ron Francis wiring harness. Starts right up and runs great. To celebrate I put in 6 gal. of 90 octane non ethanol in her, she likes it. woo hoo
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Party On, Wayne!

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Mike are all 84-86 SVO VAM's calibrated the same and inter-changeable with different SVO computers? Are SVO computers pinned the same at the 60 pin connection? What pin number goes to the premium fuel switch to light the switch?

The vam e4zx B529-AA will work on al 5 speed 2.3 sohc turbos as will a E9xx 12 b529-AA

Quote Originally Posted by Under Pressure View Post
    Mike are all 84-86 SVO VAM's calibrated the same and inter-changeable with different SVO computers? Are SVO computers pinned the same at the 60 pin connection? What pin number goes to the premium fuel switch to light the switch?
    All SVOs use the same VAF/VAM, which is also the same VAF/VAM used in the 1987/88 TurboCoupe. All *other* turbo 2.3L engines use a smaller VAF/VAM.

Trick question - the EEC does not light the LED in the Premium fuel switch - that's all part of the switch. The Premium/Regular switch is an input (through some relays) TO the EEC, there is no signal back from the EEC TO the switch LED.

The Prem/Reg switch activates some relays that changes an input to the EEC (to tell it Premium mode) and also to send the EEC boost output signal to the Boost Control Solenoid.

I no longer have the pin numbers for Prem input setting and for Boost Output signal still lodged in my brain. Need to consult the historical archives.

Ok thanks, I have a threaded rod on my wastegate adjusted to 15lb and not using the boost control solenoid. Even though the premium switch light is not on I'm still in the premium setting in the EEC? I don't want to melt down this engine.

I contacted Ron Francis about the Premium switch, here's their reply " we do not support the octane switch. Our system has it run on the premium fuel table.

Depends on which EEC is installed.

For the PE, the Premium "mode" adds the boost control system AND advances the ignition timing a fixed 6 degrees.

For the LA-series, there are two different spark maps - the timing changes vary by RPM, & load.

I have the boost control solenoid plugged in just don't have hoses connected. If I connect my timing light will I see 6* added to the base 10 with the spout out?

If SPOUT is out, then the EEC cannot add any timing - so it will be running at base timing.

For the PE EEC in Premium mode the timing will be +20 from base at closed throttle (aka 30 BTDC).

I had the 90* water hose that comes out of the oil cooler to the heater core burst. While removing the small hose from the lower manifold the nipple on the hard line broke from rust. I brought it to a repair shop and had a new one made for $50. Going to get new silicon hoses and good clamps then we'll rock and party like it's 1999!water cooler line new.jpg

On, Wayne!

I needed to replace my lower radiator hose. All the places were showing hoses for the V-ate. My old hose still had the tag on it. Goodyear changed their hose division name to Continental Elite. Hose Continental #61034.