Thread: Fs: 1986 svo 1d

Fs: 1986 svo 1d

Think it is time to move on to something different. Lots of information below and a link to a bunch of photos. Any questions PM me.

$8,000 obo (reasonable) cash or I would be interested in only the following trades:
    1985-1986 Saleen
    1986 T-top GT
    Four Eyed SSP
    1982 T-top GT
    1979-1989 Porsche 911

Would be willing to trade down with cash my way or possibly up with cash your way for the right car. Located about 30 miles north of New Orleans, LA. Fly in and enjoy the drive home.

Now for the details:

1986 Mustang SVO 1FABP28T3GF243670

Built on final day of SVO production April 22, 1986 #9823 of 9837 produced. One of 226 1986 SVOs in 1D Dark Grey Metallic with cloth interior.

Mostly original car with only a few minor bolt on modifications. Looks, runs and drives as it should. Absolutely everything works on the car: Cold AC, hot heat, rear defrost, radio, fog lights, all interior switches, lights, indicators and gauges, power windows and locks all function properly.

Exterior

Arrow straight rust free body. No dents or dings. The car had a quality original 1D color repaint in 1993 which is also when the bi-wing was painted body color. Car has always been garage kept. Paint still shines like new with smooth glossy finish and depth of color. Overall I call the paint extremely nice driver quality as there are a few rock chips here and there along with some paint flaws (dust specks and a few fish eyes), a little spider cracking on top driver corner of front and rear bumper and a couple of small scratches which have been touched up. I am extremely picky and you really have to get close and look for the imperfections. I repainted the charcoal trim on the bumpers within the last year so it looks fresh. Charcoal window trim and mirrors present very nicely but do have a few nicks/chips and just a bit of fade. Headlights and marker lights are perfect condition and clear. Drivers side tail light has a small approximately 1" crack right below the charcoal dividing strip which is very hard to even see. Bi-Wing supports which are easily removed if desired. Wheels have no curb rash and have been stripped of old clear coat, holes painted black and faces hand polished. Original lug nuts and McGuard locks. Overall the exterior of the car looks excellent.

Interior

Original cloth interior in excellent condition. No rips, tears, stains or worn areas on the seats or door panels. One very small (1/8") hole on passenger side back seat. Netted halos shown in photos do not come with the car but the original matching headrests go with. Original dash pad with no fading or cracks. Few little nicks on the dash hull above the glove box. Carpets still have nice pile no staining and show only very little wear. Matching set of high quality floor mats. Dash panels have been re-"fuzzied". All gauge graphics and needles are bright. SVO specific leather all in excellent condition. Shift knob is a Bob Tweedy recover in like new condition, steering, wheel, horn pad, shift boot and brake handle are original and in excellent condition. Only minor wear to top of steering wheel and underside of brake handle. Original headliner still tight and sag free. Only one small mark on headliner near map light. Hatch roller cover works and is in perfect condition. Windows are tinted with 20% Llumar tint with lifetime warranty.

Drive terrain

Original 2.3T with 79xxx miles. Car runs and drives like it should. Starts right up idles smoothly and boosts properly in both regular and premium mode. It will drip just a very small nickel sized drop of oil after sitting for a while after a drive. I keep it wiped down and clean but have not been able to pinpoint where the drip is coming from. Timing cover has a crack in it. Clutch and transmission perform and shift flawlessly In tank fuel pump was replaced with Walbro 255 lph. AC was converted to R134. Additionally the following modifications have been made: Forced 4 cold air intake with K&N filter, Turbo Coupe Intercooler with Bosch By-pass valve, 3" Stinger downpipe with 3" cat elimination pipe and 3" into dual 2.5" Y pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, 2.5" stainless steel tailpipes, Ford Motorsports aluminum driveshaft. I have all of the original parts for the car with the exception of the original mufflers and
    tailpipes.

Undercarriage, Suspension, Brakes & Tires

Extremely clean and rust free undercarriage, floor pans, frame rails, strut towers, torque boxes etc. Original 7.5" rear end with 3.73 gears. Original Koni shocks all the way around. Springs were replaced with H&R Sports and poly isolators which lowered the car approximately 1.5" from stock while preserving very close to stock ride feel. I have the original stock springs for the car as well. Original SVO A arms with good ball joints. Original brake hardware with low mileage pads all the way around. Kumho tires in stock size with less than 5k miles. The car handles, stops and rides great.

Documents

Original Ownercard, Operating Guide, Warranty Information booklet, Owners Guide and Maintenance Schedule & Record, McGuard registration card and Koni Booklet and Adjustment Knob along with the green Important Information folder all the above goes in are included with the car. Most of the maintenance history of the car has been recorded in the log.

Overall

This car is a really nice clean example of an SVO and always gets compliments. It is a great driver that anyone would be proud to take to cruise ins and shows but shouldn't be afraid to take out for a nice long back road drive or maybe an occasional autocross or track lapping day. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. Current LA registration and clean and clear title in my name.

I have done my best to describe the car as completely as possible. I encourage anyone to call me (PM for a phone number) to discuss the car if you are interested. I have linked a bunch of photos to the car but am more than willing to take any additional photos a prospective buyer may want. The car will not disappoint.

Lots more photos at the link below:
    http://brianmelvin.smugmug.com/Cars/...jLsN/i-jXjRcDk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    86 1D #9823
    H&R Sport Springs, T-Coupe Intercooler, CAI, Bosch Bypass, 3" DP

Well Brian, I see that a bunch of people have taken a look at your for sale thread, but no replies or responses so far.
    So I will be the first. Over that past couple of years I have watched on the four eye forum as you tidied up this car with various improvements to just the way you wanted it.
    I am sorry to hear that you have decided to move on & sell it now. If I was in the correct financial position right now, I would snatch it from you in a heart beat.
    GLWS
    Ron
    The problem I never fix on my cars is the nut that holds the steering wheel

Thanks for the compliments. I searched a long time and looked at a lot of really rough SVOs when I finally found this one. It was a super nice example to start with I have just done a few little things to make it that much better. As I said in the initial post the car will not disappoint and I am more than willing to help a long distance buyer in any way I can. I want it to go to an enthusiast who appreciates the car for what it is which is why for now I only have it advertised here and on FEP.
    86 1D #9823

I have serious air cooled fever so the SVO needs a new home. Wife says it has to go before I can buy the 911.
    86 1D #9823

Some Boost
    Buying and older 911! Out of the SVO Frying pan and into the 911 fire!

I just went through all the pictures and the ad on FEP again. I'm honestly interested and scheming in my head. Distance and importing seem to be the first problem. Second; I would really prefer another export car. Third: Wife; although I think I could talk her into it She says I have too many projects and things on the go! This is turn key; no work required! I must restrain for now...
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

Quote Originally Posted by k98dave View Post
    Buying and older 911! Out of the SVO Frying pan and into the 911 fire!
    Yes! Been out of the Porsche game for about 15 years. Time to jump back in with both feet.
    86 1D #9823

Quote Originally Posted by FoxBuddy View Post
    I just went through all the pictures and the ad on FEP again. I'm honestly interested and scheming in my head. Distance and importing seem to be the first problem. Second; I would really prefer another export car. Third: Wife; although I think I could talk her into it She says I have too many projects and things on the go! This is turn key; no work required! I must restrain for now...
    Willing to help anyway I can on logistics to you. Turn key... Whoosh!
    86 1D #9823

Sale pending on the SVO.

Purchase pending PPI on an 83 911SC
    86 1D #9823

Good luck Brian!
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

SOLD!
    86 1D #9823