Thread: Gas Monkey Garage

Noob

Gas Monkey Garage

Hey guys, I'm Bryan Russell from Grapevine Texas. Some of you may remember me from that other site before I got banned by the cyber cop Bud. I used to post frequently over there before he got his panties all in a wad. I just thought I would share some interesting things that are about to happen to my SVO. I recently contacted the painter KC from the TV show Fast N Loud, the Gas Monkey Garage guys, I had asked KC if he would be interested in painting my SVO, and much to my surprise he is more then willing to do it for me!! I was blown away because I certainly didn't think he would have the time to paint my projects with all they have going on with their TV Show, but he said yes. I live fairly close to their garage and have been there a few times to purchase Tshirts but have never met anyone besides the guy Tony who helps Richard sell the cars on the internet. My SVO is currently a 1C paint code and I am thinking I should keep it that way as I would like to keep it close to original as I can. I am not into heavy modifications of the car, only mild to slightly wild under the hood but the body I want to keep it stock. Do any of you guys have any opinions on that subject? Anyways, I just thought I would share the news with fellow SVO enthusiast and also jump in to say hello. I know its been a while since I have posted on any SVO forum, but the fun of the forums was pretty much taken away from me about 5 years or more ago and I decided it's not worth it for me to participate, but with the recent news of KC wanting to paint my car has re-lit my SVO flame once again and now I am more excited about my SVO then I have been in years. Thank you for your time and hope to here some feedback.

Welcome, glad you are back in the svo family. I would not understand how you could have had any trouble with Bud. :-)

Noob
    Thanks Kendal. Yeah, that's kind of hard to figure out because he was always so nice to me. LOL I remember back in the late 90's when he was really cool to deal with, like the old chat room days. You remember the old chat room? Even Eric was nice back then. Oh well, times have changed. They didn't want me on their site anymore so they made me go away. No big deal. I didn't lose any sleep.

Welcome Aboard!
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

What Mike said!

Welcome to the show. I changed my SVO from med. Canyon red to 93 Ford truck red. It looks better. The SVO was not promoted by Ford and didn't become a popular car that and the issues with the car are why it's not showing more value. However you might have your SVO on television, which would bring more interest in the SVO. Looking forward to seeing your car on TV

Hey
    Tell your wife to get ready for something BIG !!! LOL (send your address)

Mark
    IMG_2953.jpg

Welcome to the group! Now you're banned until your next post!
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Smile

Welcome aboard.
    The Machine speaks for itself !!

Noob

Sent you a tweet

Quote Originally Posted by TheSVOTrust View Post
    Hey
    Tell your wife to get ready for something BIG !!! LOL (send your address)

Mark
    IMG_2953.jpg

Mark, Nice picture of you and Richard. I have that exact same shirt he was wearing in that picture, it sucks because the lettering washes off with each wash. I sent you a DM through twitter with Donnas address. Richard Follows me on twitter, it's king of cool because he will respond to my tweets. I have been to their garage a couple of times and the bar and grill many many times. I really enjoy the Bar and Grill. The food sucks but I am only there for the Beer and concerts anyways. LOL Why won't this format let you do paragraphs? Kind of weird if you ask me. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Noob
    Mike, so, what color should I paint my SVO? RED? lol

Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Pressure View Post
    Welcome to the show. I changed my SVO from med. Canyon red to 93 Ford truck red. It looks better. The SVO was not promoted by Ford and didn't become a popular car that and the issues with the car are why it's not showing more value. However you might have your SVO on television, which would bring more interest in the SVO. Looking forward to seeing your car on TV
    I doubt it will be featured on TV, but you never know because it is a cool car. It would be worth it for them to feature it on the show. Imagine how cool that would be if an SVO Mustang was on a TV show like that? Maybe I will have to sell it to Richard and go find another one? LOL , not sure about that, but money does talk.

Mike, so, what color should I paint my SVO? RED? lol
    Absolutely!

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Absolutely!
    How did I know, lol. Something's never change when it comes to this SVO community. Especially Mikes love for Red SVO Mustangs.

Especially Mikes love for Red SVO Mustangs.
    I'd have to say pretty much all things red. Although recently I've taken a liking to those 405nM lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbsvo View Post
    IMG_2953.jpg

Mark, Nice picture of you and Richard. I have that exact same shirt he was wearing in that picture, it sucks because the lettering washes off with each wash. I sent you a DM through twitter with Donnas address. Richard Follows me on twitter, it's king of cool because he will respond to my tweets. I have been to their garage a couple of times and the bar and grill many many times. I really enjoy the Bar and Grill. The food sucks but I am only there for the Beer and concerts anyways. LOL Why won't this format let you do paragraphs? Kind of weird if you ask me. Unless I'm doing something wrong.
    Yeah Richard is pretty cool ! See him at the auctions. Got Donna's address.

Mark
    P.S. You know they do lots of cars that aren't chopped up for TV ! (And they will spend your money) LOL

Any pics of the car painted Bigbsvo? Would love to see how it came out.
    7B SL55