Thread: Engine Lift hook

Engine Lift hook

I am in need of an engine lift hook passenger side rear. Also could use the hardware. thanks!!

The right (passenger for USDM) uses the upper rear exhaust manifold bolt. Can temporarily install it on the stud that sticks out and mounts the hard oil line support piece also. All right side brackets are the same, 83.5-89.

The intake side is different between the in-line and square intakes.

Alternately, for the exhaust side you can also just get an 65-70mm 10x1.5 bolt from your fav hardware store and swap it out with the rear upper exh manif bolt. And stick it through a chain link then thread it into the head. Be sure to get at least 6 full turns of thread engagement and you're good to go.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

I used 4 chains with a leveler an a swivel to hook to my engine hoist. I removed the intercooler. The bolt on the front of the header that also holds the intercooler bracket 1 chain. Right rear a bolt hole just above #4 spark plug that isn't used for anything. Left front I removed the distributor and used the bolt hole that holds the distributor down. Left rear a longer chain down to were the engine bolts to the bell housing. I removed that bolt and used a longer one. When you route that one you need to remove the idle bypass housing and be careful not to pinch things. I find it easier to pull the transmission & engine together that way I don't have to fight unbolting the bell housing and its raised putting back in. I don't have to realign the engine to the transmission input shaft. I do this by myself.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

aft block hole.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    The right (passenger for USDM) uses the upper rear exhaust manifold bolt. Can temporarily install it on the stud that sticks out and mounts the hard oil line support piece also. All right side brackets are the same, 83.5-89.

The intake side is different between the in-line and square intakes.

Alternately, for the exhaust side you can also just get an 65-70mm 10x1.5 bolt from your fav hardware store and swap it out with the rear upper exh manif bolt. And stick it through a chain link then thread it into the head. Be sure to get at least 6 full turns of thread engagement and you're good to go.
    For now i am not intending on removal of the engine. I want to have the bits for restoration as you can see i am missing the stud, nut and the hook. I am in need of a valve cover gasket and an oil pan gasket, shes dripping slowly but enough to make my garage a mess!

found this on ebay can anyone tell me if the single lower bracket is correct for the RHS of our cars?
    Lift braket.JPG

Yes, the right (passenger side for USDM) is same for all 2.3 EFI turbo models. left side needs to match the in-line (early) or square (late) intake bolt pattern.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Yes, the right (passenger side for USDM) is same for all 2.3 EFI turbo models. left side needs to match the in-line (early) or square (late) intake bolt pattern.
    Larry, the ones pictured are not correct for (at least) an '86.

I tried to attach a picture of a correct set off of an '86 SVO, can't get it to load for some reason. Shoot me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send it to you that way.
    1986 2R Comp Prep
    1986 9L Comp Prep

Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    Larry, the ones pictured are not correct for (at least) an '86.

I tried to attach a picture of a correct set off of an '86 SVO, can't get it to load for some reason. Shoot me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send it to you that way.
    can you email so that i know what i am looking for?