Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: 1984 SVO south of Calgary

1984 SVO south of Calgary

Before I bought my 9L last year, there was a hand written note in The Mustang Shop in Calgary for two 1984 SVO's. I contacted the guy but he was bad at getting back with pictures etc. There were two cars, one of which was a running "parts car" (which he said one was a CP) and this one in the ad. IIRC he wanted $9K for both at that time. They sold and then showed up on Kijiji a little while later and the seller wanted $9K for this one and $3500 for the parts car. I see now the price has dropped considerably to $6200. I finally got some more (poor) pictures from him including a VIN. I may go look at it on my way through to the border to grab a different Fox I bought. I wonder how desperate he is getting? I think he assumed he could flip it quick for a good profit. The parts car which I saw in a previous ad but didn't save the picture was the same color.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-rv-motorhome/...ationFlag=true

IMG_6312.jpg
    IMG_6313.jpg
    IMG_6320.jpg

Note the leather seats and manual crank for the window:

IMG_6324.jpg
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

Building Boost
    Canadian export model as well.

Building Boost Honorary Member
    i have a friend who lives in calgary. if he is not on the road he might look it over you.
    bob

Different spring codes on the door tag compared to my 84?

The "parts" car apparently sold a while back so it's just this now. When I talked to the previous owwner about the cars he had said it "parts car" was a comp prep out of Saskatchewan. No way to verify now, I hope it went to a good home. Good to see some SVO's around here at least. Still glad I bought my 86 when I had the chance last year. I wish I could be more serious about another car, but my wife would definitely kill me this time!
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

This particular '84 looks like another option delete car. Build date on VIN decal shows 12/83, too early to be a CP unless it was actually built much later than scheduled.
    1986 2R Comp Prep
    1986 9L Comp Prep

Marti report would tell that. I've heard of an 84 CP car that was built months after it was scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by rodster View Post
    Marti report would tell that. I've heard of an 84 CP car that was built months after it was scheduled.
    Agree, however, looking at the VIN decal, it is showing an "8" for the Radio Code, that would denote AM/FM MPX w/ cassette. To my knowledge, 84' CP cars only came with the base AM/FM.

http://www.svocop.com/forum/attachme...4&d=1410708544
    1986 2R Comp Prep
    1986 9L Comp Prep

Order date for comp preps was after Feb 28. Lowest vin is 17xxxx for a comp prep and most were built in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendal Coker View Post
    Order date for comp preps was after Feb 28. Lowest vin is 17xxxx for a comp prep and most were built in April.

My '84CP was scheduled to be built on 5/10/84 and actually built on 4/25/84 and was serial 19xxxx. According to my Marti report, only 26 CPs were made in '84

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    My '84CP was scheduled to be built on 5/10/84 and actually built on 4/25/84 and was serial 19xxxx. According to my Marti report, only 26 CPs were made in '84
    wow, I didn't think that many were made in 84.