Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Turbo oil line restrcter

Half Boost

Turbo oil line restrcter

Where is the restrictor for the turbo oil line?

Restrictor?

Not sure what you are referring to Bruce. The line comes off the oil pressure sending at the back of the head & connects to the turbo. There is no restrictor.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Half Boost
    I thought there was some kind of restrictor in the system. I just bought a GT3071R for my car and they said it needs a restrictor (only 10 bucks). Just didn't want to buy it and have 2 in there. Apparently I have read way too many threads over the years and they are all running together. Maybe it was a restrictor for the heater core I'm thinking of.

Many years ago the 90-degree bradd 1/8 NPT-to-SAE inverted tube falre fitting that gets installed inothte top of the CHRA was considered the restrictor. Ford had a recall to isntall a piece with a larger internal hole diameter due to some suspected oiling issues. That was early 1984. So all engines made after that point came with the "larger" sized fitting.

If you're going to install a flow restrictor for the new BB unit, that's probably the easiest place to put one. What are they offering as a restrictor?
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Half Boost
    Brass fitting with a .035" hole in it. Goes into the turbo and the line connects to it.

The restestrictor goes in the water line before the heater core.

Brass fitting with a .035" hole in it. Goes into the turbo and the line connects to it.
    Yeah, that's pretty samll. Iirc the early fitting from Ford were in the 090" range, the alter "fixed" ones are closer ro 0.120". But I've slept since then.

The restrictor goes in the water line before the heater core.
    Kendal, the OP is speaking about the turbo oil feed line and any associated flow restrictor needed to change from a floating bearing to a ball bearing design turbocharger, which needs / tolerates MUCH less oil.

You are addressing the coolant restrictor that goes in the hose and/or heater core inlet tube.

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Yes, I was thinking someone might have gotten restrictors mixed up.

Half Boost
    I thought I read somewhere there was a restrictor in the turbo oil line! I remember Pats thread about heater cores also with restrictor.

Somehow I feel there's beer involved in this thread.

Half Boost
    Couldn't be beer in WI-LOL So yes it feels like we are going around in circles now.

(aka Anonymous) Club Member Patrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    Couldn't be beer in WI-LOL So yes it feels like we are going around in circles now.
    There had better be beer in Tulsa for the TF meet. I have the SVOCOP stainless steel oil supply lines packed with the super secret internal restrictor for anyone there who needs them. (BTW, the only restrictor there is the original inside diameter of the SS oil line!)
    "Just leave me alone. I know what to do" (Kimi)