Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Time has come to go for my Bucket List Car

Some Boost

Time has come to go for my Bucket List Car

Well if I'm going to build my "Bucket List" kit Cobra I had better get with it cause I'm not getting any younger, so with that its time to let someone else own my 84. I had fun with the restoration and could not have done it without help from all you guys.

I know a lot of you followed my treads here

http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthre...hlight=k98dave

For more info and pictures you can e mail me k98dave@aol.

Have most receipts, SVO certificate and also Marti Report.
    (See post here:
    http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthre...4716#post24716

Here is a list of other work done

> New Starter, clutch and re-surfaced flywheel
    > New Battery
    > Replace struts (got a deal on low mile used Koni's) rear's were ok
    > New windshield, cowl grill & molding
    > New exhaust (stock less cat)
    > New fan control relay module
    > New radiator, T-stat, hoses and belts
    > New coolant temp sensor
    > New brake calipers/pads, brake hoses (all 5) and fresh fluid
    > New Heater Core
    > New carpet, headliner, dash pad
    > Fixed Fog lights
    > New weather striping all around, window run channel and dew wipes.
    > Complete Rear rebuilt (bearings, gears, axles/seals)
    > New gas tank & in tank pump
    Also have complete bottom and fold down rear seat that's almost new but its from an 86 so I never installed it

I haven't listed it locally yet will do that in a week or so.

Asking $7k

Thanks
    Dave

Some Boost
    Going on Craigs list also

Some Boost
    I had given the car to a local dealer speciality cars place here in Fort Worth on a consignment however as much as I would like to think it would sell for their asking price I doubt it would in spite of being completely mechanically restored. See it at http://www.streetsideclassics.com/sh...rd-Mustang-SVO

The consignment period is up in June and I can bring the car home and sell it directly. You can see the work performed as the posts listed above with help from members on some parts. But I am retired and have other things to move on with while I still can so $6500. will but this car.

Thanks

Some Boost
    OK I need to order my Factory Five kit soon, so $6k plus all my spare parts go with it.

Some Boost
    Still available, but extra parts sold. This car for has less than 3500 miles on complete rebuilds as shown in various posts. Hard to believe not one inquiry in almost 7 months.

Quote Originally Posted by k98dave View Post
    OK I need to order my Factory Five kit soon, so $6k plus all my spare parts go with it.

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by k98dave View Post
    Still available, but extra parts sold. This car for has less than 3500 miles on complete rebuilds as shown in various posts. Hard to believe not one inquiry in almost 7 months.
    I know, it's tough but had to drop down to $5500 on mine (ended up letting it and the parts go for $5K) to get interest after a 90% rebuild of the car.
    Help Wanted - 1985.5 SVO needs a full resto...

Some Boost
    Not going to happen. I will just keep it before I give it away. Little under 10k invested total, but it was a retirement project to give me something to do after the wife passed away. I didn't do it just to flip. Its a great driving car so guess I will just drop the kit Cobra back in the bucket and play with the SVO. Funny how everybody on this site just seem to disappear when your selling one. You would think a good well documented rebuilt/restored car would at least have drawn some interest from all the SVO guys on this site.
    If I pull the kit Cobra back out of the bucket I might put my 93 Cobra up for sale on the 93Cobra.com. That group is a lot more active buying and selling good cars.

Some Boost
    It's always tough selling to people who already have. People aren't into SVO's because they have a lot of money waiting to be used.

To be honest, I'm considering it. If it were on ebay, I'd be one of the watchers, ready to pull the trigger if I got a small windfall of money while it was still available. That said, ebay with the right reserve might be the best way to go for that kind of money.

Good luck with it either way. And good luck on the Cobra.

Some Boost
    "People aren't into SVO's because they have a lot of money waiting to be used."

Well my experience is unless your prepared to face up to spending time & money you should re consider getting into any SVO and stick to 5.0 cars.

Some Boost
    Yeah, I completely agree so I should qualify that.

Jay Leno called the SVO one of his 10 favorite Mustangs. He has a lot of money waiting to be used (he calls himself the president of the "more money than brains" club). Yet he doesn't own one. It is that kind of collector (even those with a 100th the budget) that I had in mind with that statement.

But you are right, people with about 1k a year spare change are probably in over their heads. The many years I've not been able to drive my SVO tells that story.

Some Boost
    Car just sold, $6400. Have some extra parts that will be for sale, Corner light, Cylinder head, odds & ends.

Noob
    Hey, Glad to hear your car sold. I am sorry I didn't see the posting sooner as I live in Grapevine and would have loved to come see it. Please let me know what parts you will be selling.
    Bryan

Car just sold, $6400. Have some extra parts that will be for sale, Corner light, Cylinder head, odds & ends.
    There's a guy here in Germany in desperate need of a serviceable 2.3 Turbo head.

http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthre...highlight=head

Just sayin'!
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    There's a guy herein Germany in desperate need of a serviceable 2.3 Turbo head.

http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthre...highlight=head

Just sayin'!

I reply'ed to his post and I will see if the head is the type he is looking for.

Some Boost
    I will go thru what I have over the weekend and put a list together.