Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: 2015 mustang

Half Boost

2015 mustang

I have sat in two different '15 Mustang GT's in a week. Mostly just for grins because I dont see myself making a mortgage payment on a car. I didnt get the time yet to drive one, but I gave my number to the salesman and asked him to call me when they get an ecoboost in on the lot. Of course he didnt know what an SVO Mustang is and I didnt take the time to inform him either.
    They are very nice looking cars in person, and what is on the lot has a few details that differ from what I saw in Charlotte in April. Obviously due to seeing a preproduction car.
    One gadget I really really thought was cool is a small light under the outside mirror that projects the running horse down on the ground right by the door that is about 12" long.
    These cars are much easier to get in and out of than the '05 to'14 cars by far.

just my .02 cents

Got to drive a 2015 GT 5.0 50th Anniversary Edition last Sunday on a Mustang cruise, about 150 miles total. Very enjoyable. Nice throttle response, I was expecting a bit smoother ride with the IRS, but the incredible nuetral balance in the handling made up for the slightly harsh ride. The "auto heel-toe" down shifts in "Sport" and "Track" mode was really cool! Other cool gadgets - paddle shifters, steering mode, performance mode selector...

65 and 15.JPGShelby1 (2) medium.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bad choices make great stories....!

I was able to drive an ecoboost Mustang (as well as GT performance pack and a V6) today on a fairly short slalom type course. I really wanted to love it the 2.3 but I was underwhelmed. I'm not sure why exactly, didn't feel like 320 hp? GT was really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by 18lbs View Post
    I was able to drive an ecoboost Mustang (as well as GT performance pack and a V6) today on a fairly short slalom type course. I really wanted to love it the 2.3 but I was underwhelmed. I'm not sure why exactly, didn't feel like 320 hp? GT was really nice.
    Isn't it amazing how we can have a factory 13 second 4 cylinder Mustang with fully independent suspension, 6 speeds, ABS, factory warranty, built-in sat/nav, etc. and we're "underwhelmed"?

I feel bad even writing that but it was hard to explain. Now I did also drive the Camaro and Challenger and all Mustangs were by far better all around. So I guess I must just be too fussy. Maybe some sort of cooler exhaust sound would help.

Quote Originally Posted by 18lbs View Post
    Just wait for April and the 3:73 package (and maybe a 4:11 option) !!!

Mark

Also the kid in me loved the line lock. I'm glad I wasn't buying tires.