Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charcoal colored headliner

OH sure get out the book (s) ! LOL

Kendal has it correct - but remember items changed by owners asku opinions! (even owners that THINK their car is all original) Some photo's in this thread are a good example. (It's akin to restoring a 69 Mustang based on what you see at a show - not knowing they built differently at different plants)

I think this is what you mean by name of grain. The next time I visit Kevin I will look at all of the fabric books and see if it has a name.

I tried to help with someone needing a 84 non sunroof vinyl - but felt this was too ratty for use.

Not a great shot ( Iphone 5s) but this is the "grain"

Mark

Not the book I was thinking about, didn't even know an SVO specific book existed! Very cool! Know my car is original and the clear picture of the grain seems to match the blurry picture of yours.

If you get a chance to look at the book again snap some more pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by rodster View Post
    Not the book I was thinking about, didn't even know an SVO specific book existed! Very cool! Know my car is original and the clear picture of the grain seems to match the blurry picture of yours.

If you get a chance to look at the book again snap some more pictures.
    A thief charged me $500 for that book ! (But I thought it would be helpful SVO people some day) LOL

When combined with the RED BOOK 2/15/1982 , Process sheets for production changes (over the years) and Assembly Operation Instructions (all the torque specs) it is all important. (at least to me and visitors)

Mark

Half Boost
    I tried to help with someone needing a 84 non sunroof vinyl - but felt this was too ratty for use

I think we talked about it earlier. What is wrong with it?? Does it have holes in it, or is it getting dry rotted?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSVOTrust View Post
    A thief charged me $500 for that book ! (But I thought it would be helpful SVO people some day) LOL

When combined with the RED BOOK 2/15/1982 , Process sheets for production changes (over the years) and Assembly Operation Instructions (all the torque specs) it is all important. (at least to me and visitors)

Mark
    That's a great collection of documentation. Would love to see some examples (pictures) of the different documents.

$500 is a lot for that book but I've never seen another one.

That's a great collection of documentation. Would love to see some examples (pictures) of the different documents.

$500 is a lot for that book but I've never seen another one.
    EVERYONE is welcome to visit THESVOTRUST Museum when visiting Detroit (or just driving past on I96) ! I even had the HotRodTour detour a few years ago (at least the Ford guys)

Much of the static displays are either Nascar items, Elvis owned items or SVO specific. (Dealer promos, prototype parts, and collectibles)

Mark
    P.S. Better hurry if you want cars though - have sold 4 SVO's in the last 5 months! ( At least the MacTools Race car and Mac "giveaway" is still here)

Will keep that in mind when I make a trip to Dearborn.

Care to share a summary of what cars you sold and their future? Sounds like SVO sales are hotter than in 1984-86!

Building Boost
    EVERYONE is welcome to visit THESVOTRUST Museum when visiting Detroit (or just driving past on I96) ! I even had the HotRodTour detour a few years ago (at least the Ford guys)

Much of the static displays are either Nascar items, Elvis owned items or SVO specific. (Dealer promos, prototype parts, and collectibles)

Mark
    P.S. Better hurry if you want cars though - have sold 4 SVO's in the last 5 months! ( At least the MacTools Race car and Mac "giveaway" is still here)
    Sounds like you made some space to work on the 67.

Are you going to be posting progress on the 67 anywhere? As a 67 owner, it's something I'd enjoy.

Mark
    Been there, it is a site to behold.

Will keep that in mind when I make a trip to Dearborn.

Care to share a summary of what cars you sold and their future? Sounds like SVO sales are hotter than in 1984-86!
    Because you respected their future in the question and I want new owners to be as excited for cars value and use I will suggest we all talk about SVO's .......... in a new thread!

I will start it and I expect Kendal Dave and maybe Chad to comment! In fact it may be a "sticky" on sales/values and changing hands of SVO's if you think ! Racing pedigree made Shelby's but "registry" with info and sales didn't hurt lineage!

Mark

Sounds good Mark. Oh and Kendal both yours and Marks place are impressive.

Half Boost
    I don't want to get my hopes too high yet, but I sent an email to Matt at Fox Restoration. He thinks he has some "unobtanium" for my headliner. I'm waiting to see if he can send me a swatch to verify.

If it's "unobtainium" the swatch will probably be $1000. Good luck and keep us posted.

Half Boost
    I received my 2 yards of material today from SMS. I am marginally happy with it. The grain is not very deeply pressed in like the swatch they sent me. It is not tier grain at least.
    I'm going to use it, but it will probably not suite me 100% though.

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendal Coker View Post
    Here is the simple explanation, All sunroof 84-86 had vinyl, all 84's had vinyl. The rest had cloth.
    Back to old discussion. Maybe not that simple... I have early 84 (10/83) with cloth headliner, vinyl sunvisors, no sunroof.
    Lauri

1984 Mustang SVO 1C
    1988 Tbird TC 1C

Quote Originally Posted by FinnSVO View Post
    Back to old discussion. Maybe not that simple... I have early 84 (10/83) with cloth headliner, vinyl sunvisors, no sunroof.
    I bought mine new no sunroof and it was built in 11/83. Did you get yours new?

Building Boost
    No I didn't, bought it two years ago. And yes of course there is a chance that headliner has been replaced in past. But I have pretty detailed service history of car from very beginning and no markings that such operation would have been made. And otherwise car is very original from inside, never restored or nothing else replaced. Just made me wonder if cloth headliner is original. This is first week production SVO. Could there be chances that some of these very early ones had recieved cloth headliner for some reason, lack of material etc?
    Lauri

1984 Mustang SVO 1C
    1988 Tbird TC 1C

Not saying it couldn't be possible but knowing how the headliners sag and not knowing another 84 that had cloth, 100% proof positive, my guess it has been replaced at some point in it's life.

Half Boost
    It looks like SMS is sending me another batch of material (hopefully more correct this time).
    I'll keep everyone posted.