Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping woes

Half Boost

Shipping woes

I sent my rear shocks to Koni last week and they called to tell me today they only got 1. UPS is going to trace the route and try to find the one they lost. This sucks!

Some Boost
    Let me know if you need a replacement. I have collected some spares.

My experience was just the opposite!

I recently sent my front struts in for rebuild. I had them packaged so well (double boxed, bubble wrap, etc.) I bet it took them at least 5 minutes to unwrap. The box they sent them back in was just a bit larger than the struts and one rod had busted through the end and was hanging out of the box when I received it. Fortunately no damage...

I hope UPS finds it... but I wouldn't bet on it.
    1986 2R Comp Prep
    1986 9L Comp Prep

Half Boost
    They said they would get back to me in 10 to 14 business days. Nice of them eh?

Some Boost
    what did your tracking numbers say.........

did you add enough insurance on them?

Bar

Half Boost
    Yes they were insured and they said the receiving party didn't mention damage on reception.

UPS sucks, My outer door belt w/s mouldings arrived damaged, the box was literaly bent in half and someone taped it to hold it together. grrr. I filed a claim but have heard nothing yet. 5.O resto also has lousy customer service to boot. Can't reach them by phone and then days before they call you back. This may take a while to resolve.

Half Boost
    I don't want to hear this type of talk. They called me and said they have been trying to get Koni to give them a viewing of the package, but supposedly Koni hasn't responded. When I call the number I gave them they answer???

grrrr

Half Boost
    Well today I got half of the insurance money and the lone shock they have back. They approved the full amount a month ago and then changed their mind and flip flopped 3 or 4 times till this result. Now to decide if I get another core and send them in or just buy new ones.

Hey Bruce

Have been following this and HATE to see. I know you have been working hard on car and REALLY just want parts !

I HOPE YOU SEEN THIS........call me ASAP 517 861 7630.

I am driving to Chicago Wed and will be there until Sat. Let me know if you can come into town! (I am going to pack a NOS rear shock - not sure if you care on valving)

Mark
    P.S. Again if you need two or NOS fronts (old style D shape adjuster) let me know BEFORE I LEAVE. (Just hate to see you spend $750 on wrong style parts - if you want correct)

Half Boost
    I spent what I got back on new parts. Did not want to roll the dice again sending them in. The fronts I had rebuilt from stock cores. Thanks for thinking of me though, Bruce

OK
    Next time don't be afraid to ask a friend for a favor ! (I ear marked these parts for specific restorations - as I have sold a number of cars lately they are worth of other cars)

Mark
    P.S. Or should I say worthy of some people.

Half Boost
    I bought a pair of reds from Tire rack on Friday and they were here Monday. Both of them!! They were listed for an 86. Did they change between years?

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    I bought a pair of reds from Tire rack on Friday and they were here Monday. Both of them!! They were listed for an 86. Did they change been years?
    Not that I am aware of and Koni only lists one strut/shock/quad for all years now. I think I have heard some folks state that the 84's had different valving, but not sure if the Ford p/n was different or not.

It is interesting to note that the current listing on Koni's site is an 8040_1026 for the rear shock, compared to the number stamped on my original units which is 8040_1034. The date stamp/Ford # on them were 9-10-85 and E5ZX-18080-AA for reference.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 MINI Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Valving changed over the years - usually getting softer time as went on.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Does anyone have information on their OEM shocks/struts so we can compare years?? Below is a pic of one of mine before I changed them. Unfortunately I didn't get info off of my OEM struts and the fella I lent them to ended up selling his SVO with them still on his car...grrr!! I sold these shocks to someone at one of the past Reunions for them to be rebuilt.

Sorry for derailing this thread a bit...

Rear Shocks - OEM_1986_01.jpg
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 MINI Cooper S Clubman ALL4

I had some Konis rebuilt to the 84 spec. I has been several years. At that time they said mine were the last 84 spec they would do and all future rebuilds would be to the later spec. Interesting they could do the Mark VII LSC GTC valving though. If memory serves me right there were two different specs over the years with the later models being stiffer and both were stiffer than the 84 spec SVO.

Left to Right..

Assembly line E4ZX # Ford Service Koni factory replacement
    1983/84 86 valving pkg 87 PRE 1996 parts

NOTE: The Yellow daub of the early valving and a change to the WELDS moving forward

"Business end" of the adjustable Koni from SVO's Only the "D" shaped shaft was fitted.

NOTE :CURRENT Koni Replacements are all "thumb nail" adjusters and are painted NEW KONI RED

Left to Right 84 have yellow daubs 86 are white

84 Valving 85 Valving Service 85.5/86 pkged 5/19/86*

NOTE: *Packaged a month after production stopped (4/22/86)

Mark
    P.S. I show 4 valving changes NOT COUNTING the E3ZU prototype parts from 4/82

Half Boost
    Yes my new reds are red not orange.