Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Formula 1 Racing Thread.

I can't wait.

I'm just bummed that Alonso is out for the first race.
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

The first race was interesting. Especially the attrition. The next race should have some nice tidbits also. Will Manor outperform MClaren. The McLaren is over 200HP down compared to the Mercedes. How will the Red bull do? Will ToroRoso outperform them?
    Lots of long straits, will the Williams outperform the Ferrari? Especially with Bottas back? How will Sauber do? Will they beat the Lotus? Who else will make the podium?

Anyone here watch the GP2 races? GP2 cars have DRS this year. The bastards!
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Recent news:

Formula 1 bosses have agreed to bring back refuelling in 2017 as part of a range of measures aimed at making the sport more exciting.

There will also be higher revving and louder engines and changes aimed at making cars "five to six seconds a lap faster", governing body the FIA said.

For 2016, bosses have approved a plan to allow teams free choice of the four available tyre compounds for each race.

The changes still need to be approved by two further legislative stages.

The changes were agreed on Thursday at a meeting of the F1 strategy group, which comprises FIA president Jean Todt, commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone and the Ferrari, Mercedes, McLaren, Red Bull, Williams and Force India teams. The engine manufacturers were also represented at the meeting.

The FIA statement added that a "comprehensive proposal to ensure the sustainability of the sport has emerged".

This, it said, would be refined by the teams in the coming weeks.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/32751118

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Building Boost Bob, get off my lap! Jack Hidley's Avatar
    And of course making more changes will reduce costs.....NOT!
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

Four to six seconds a lap is A LOT of time!!

Well we have some time till the next race. So the questions of the day are: will Hamilton beat Niko in Canada? How did Niko, who had been struggling the entire Monaco race to keep ahead of Vettel, suddenly find speed and sprint to the end after the restart? Should Hamilton trust his pit wall? Who will replace Kimi and when? What happened to the Williams? Will they recover and do well in Canada? If Jenson continues doing well in the McClaren will they replace him at the end of the year? Will the McClaren find any speed, and reliability, and have both cars in points for Canada? Red Bull should have their pistons fixed, How will they do in Canada? Will Maldonado finish the race?

If *I* was Hamilton, I would STILL BE PISSED about Monaco. There was no reason at all to pull him in for tyres.

Vettel is doing surprisingly well (or rather Ferrari is doing surprisingly well) and Vettel just happens to be part of Ferrari). I suspect Ferrari will continue to improve with Vettel giving feedback. Although ALL of this years improvements so far had zip to do with Vettel.

I'm still on the fence on whether Renault will recover this year. They're too busy playing the Blame Game rather than getting into the business at hand of making good GP engines. RB seems to be in the same game mode. Both RB and Renault will have to get over themselves to move forward.

I think (predict) that McLaren will be on the podium by the end of this year, definitely first qtr next year.

No, he will not finish (for Maldonado).

My predictions for Canada: Hamilton, Rosberg, Vettel (in that order). A story we've seen before.

A well deserved win for Hamilton in Canada followed by a well-earned win for Rosberg in Austria.

Hamilton is such a tease. This will make Rosberg's failure to win the drivers title this year even more brutal.

Thoughts of the day. Will Ferrari keep Kimi? If they keep him, will Ferrari loose to Williams in the constructors championship? If he will be replaced, who will get the job? Will they replace him soon(before September) to have a better chance at third place in the constructors championship?
    What of McLaren? When will they get reliability? Will they ever finish a race? Will they finish in the top 10 again?
    Force India will get there B spec car soon. Will they go forward or backward?

Half Boost
    With the size of the field the top ten is close to just finishing these days.

My predictions for Silverstone Sunday July 05:

- Finishing order: Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg; Additional Top 10 finishers: Massa, Hulkenberg

- Maldanado takes out Grosjean by lap 5; and McLaren scores a point.

I'm going with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    My predictions for Silverstone Sunday July 05:

- Finishing order: Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg; Additional Top 10 finishers: Massa, Hulkenberg

- Maldanado takes out Grosjean by lap 5; and McLaren scores a point.

I'm going with that.
    Amazing prediction! And a good race! Williams weakness is the pit wall or they may have won some races by now. Picking Maldonado to crash is nothing new, but taking out Grosjean was spot on. Lotus is having a miserable year. The new Force India did very well. Their first race showed the promise of speed, handling, and reliability that puts the McLaren effort to shame. Heads should roll at McLaren. The start revealed a Mercedes weakness, the start. Well done Mike!

Was definitely a very good race! Both Williams cars did a fantastic start and held the lead until the first set of stops. Made Sir Frank proud. Some Merc competition (at last!).

Lewis was lucky (and GOOD!) with his timing to switch to inters. A card well played. On the flip side, Kimi's timing was bad. Same idea, poor execution (good luck/bad luck).

Heads should roll at McLaren.
    That seems to be the only solution at Ferrari (and taking credit for the progress made by ones predecessors). I seriously doubt that McLaren will follow that path. It's not their style. McLaren will work their way through this.

On a good note there were no McLaren engine (power plant?) failures this weekend. Progress!!

Jules Bianchi

Translated from https://www.facebook.com/JBianchi.OfficialFanPage

A Statement from the Bianchi Family
    Nice, France
    Saturday 18 July 2015
    02.45hrs France │ 01.45hrs UK

It is with great sadness that Jules Bianchi's parents, Philip and Christine, his brother Tom and his
    Melanie sister, wish to announce the death of Jules occurred last night at University Hospital
    Nice, France, where he had been admitted following his crash at the Suzuka circuit, at the Japaneze Grand Prix October 5, 2014.

"Jules fought to the end, as he has always done, but yesterday his battle ended," said the
    Bianchi family. "We feel, she says, a sentence immense and indescribable. We want to thank
    the medical staff at Nice University Hospital, who treated him with love and dedication.

"We also want to thank the staff of Mie General Medical Centre in Japan who took
    Jules care immediately after the accident, as well as all other physicians who
    involved in the fighting that has led over the past months.

"We also wish to thank the colleagues of Jules, his friends, his supporters and all those who he
    have demonstrated their affection during this period. They gave us the strength to resist
    in these terrible times. The listening, reading their numerous messages showed us how
    Jules had aroused such deep affection with so many people around the world.
    "We ask that you respect our privacy during this very difficult time, during which
    we try to face the loss of Jules."

/*************/

Big Sigh.

FYI: The most recent previous death of a Formula1 driver was Ayrton Senna, who passed away on May 01, 1994 at San Marino Grand Prix in Imola, Italy.

Japan race is this weekend. After the last race , I'm not quite sure what to think. Hamilton retired, but if he hadn't what would the outcome have been? Will he run away from the pack? Will Rosberg win another race? Why wasn't he competitive? Did Vettel really have alot of reserve and simply kept the race close for the sake of strategy? How did Red Bull improve so much? If Red Bull quits what will happen to Toro Rosso? What has happened to Williams? What happened to the upgrades for McClaren and why have they not improved? Will Button still be driving next year?(probably) Haas is shaping up to be the junior team for Ferrari. Who is going to be driving for them? What will happen to Lotus? Will they get it together and even race this weekend? Will they finish the season? Will they be bought by Reault? Will Grosjean jump ship and go drive for Haas?

I think the season got a lot more interesting.

Bummer. Back to the regularly scheduled program.

Not sure what happened in Singapore, but today was another well-deserved win for Lewis.

And another very good showing for the red.

That first corner move by Hamilton on Niko was something! Wish Niko had given Hamilton more of a challenge in the race though. I'm beginning to doubt your predictions of Honda though Mike. Don't think they are going to happen.