Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Formula 1 Racing Thread.

You mean the Honda GP2 engine, Tony?
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

I'm afraid that GP2 engine has more HP. It's only about 150hp less than the current F1 engine. In all fairness McLaren has improved. At the start of the season they may have been down as much as 300HP down by some estimates. Now only 200HP. They really are hurting with the ERS portion of their system though. I bet they could pick up some programming help from VW. They seem to know how to use the system to their advantage.

Wow - a very exciting race in Austin, weather included.

And another win and Championship for Lewis.

Rosberg did NOT look pleased at all.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Great race.

Rosberg gave away a probable win.

Great race.

Rosberg gave away a probable win.
    He makes more errors under pressure, it seems. He was more dominant/assertive last year. Then again, he's being measured against Hamilton and Vettel. And it's a very steep climb.

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    He makes more errors under pressure, it seems. He was more dominant/assertive last year. Then again, he's being measured against Hamilton and Vettel. And it's a very steep climb.
    Last year he didn't have a kid. That has a way of putting everyday life in a different perspective.

At this point, Mercedes has wrapped up the constructors championship and Lewis the Drivers. That first corner on the next race should be interesting. There is nothing to loose for Nico and I'm thinking he will be pretty aggressive from here on out.

There is nothing to loose for Nico and I'm thinking he will be pretty aggressive from here on out.
    Concurrently, Lewis has nothing to lose either.

Interesting it will be. And at 7000+ feet!

Half Boost
    I wonder if it was team orders to let Hamilton by. Was the best race in years though.

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    I wonder if it was team orders to let Hamilton by. Was the best race in years though.
    Don't think so. That would make Niko a good actor as well as a good driver.

Any predictions for Honda this weekend? They used 11 tokens for what Alonso said was an improvement of 1/10th of a second and they had reliability problems. I was surprised at how close Alonso and Jenson were and how high up they were. Hope Jensen gets the upgrades for the next race and they finish in the top 5. Bet RedBull makes a case for the Honda engine if they do.
    Last edited by Raven855; 10-27-2015 at 04:53 AM. Reason: spelen

We have seen a nice improvement in McLaren/Honda finishes over the past 3 races. Finally.

Red Bull is out of options at this point. And, imho, it's all because they were so public about bashing Renault (Yep, the same engine company that brought them 4 World Championships).

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Red Bull is out of options at this point. And, imho, it's all because they were so public about bashing Renault (Yep, the same engine company that brought them 4 World Championships).
    They claim that they thought they had a deal for Mercedes Engines. Even if they did, they should have taken the high road and not have bashed them. Marko had set a deadline of October 31 for deciding the fate of RB, so we shall see soon enough!

Recent media reports make it sound like Mercedes lead them down the "primrose path".

My predictions for tomorrow's Mexico F1:

Rosberg, Hamilton, Vettel.

I suspect Hamilton will get, and obey, team orders to bring Rosberg home in front of him for tomorrow and the remaining races of the season. Mercedes wants 1 & 2 in the Drivers Championship too - greedy bastards that they are. But we will never hear about those team orders, I suspect.

On another note it will most likely be a very wet race and only the best wet drivers will not crash out. So Vettel may have a fighting chance after all. IMHO.

Well, I totally missed it on Vettel.

I guess Maurizio is gonna be fired soon??

LOL

Mike, any predictions for Brazil? Hamiltons' sick and has never won there. His closest was second last year, with Niko being first. Renault will have an upgrades. Vettel will try to make amends for the last race. Kimi needs a really good showing. It's home track for Massa. Alonso is getting really tired of not being in the top ten. Should be a race with lots of emotion by the drivers. Accidents may happen. Mercedes 1, Vettel 2, Kimi 3, Massa 5. Button 9, Force India with 2 in top ten.

My thinking is that Rosberg still needs another win to be firmly second in the Drivers Championship. So I'm predicting Rosberg, Hamilton, and Vettel - again.

Hard to argue with Mike's prediction.

Fascinating qualifying sessions.

Like the masterful skilled technical driver Lewis is, he managed to fool everyone by coming in just fractions of a second behind Nico, his teammate, as planned. All y'alls just think about that for a millisecond or so.

My condolences to F-Alonzo (McLaren/Honda?). Two engines - two days. Probably get a sixty-spot grid penalty for that.

I'm sticking with my previous predictions: Nico, Lewis, Sebass.

I'm not sure what has happened to Williams this year. They sure haven't done much. The Renault upgrades look to be a bust. The Honda upgrades have made Alonso not only slower but more unreliable and I thought that would be a hard thing to do. Sure fooled me. Maldonaldo does not look like much of a team leader for Lotus. I think Force India has done a good job. After watching qualy I am sticking with my predictions.