Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a new IAC anyone have a source

I need a new IAC anyone have a source

Hello all, I'm in need of a new IAC valve. I haven't looked many places yet, only Oreillys and they have no listing. Does anyone have a source for new ones? Thanks in advance.

So, autozone, pepboys show no listing online. Napa shows listing for 5.0 engine. There's an NOS one on ebay for $150 for 84 SVO/Merkur, should be same. Going to look some more....

So, the IAC on ebay is different after looking at it closer, The plug connector comes straight out the back, so that one wouldn't work, it would hit intercooler. I found one that is for 5.0 on ebay, new and is same size and connector angles 90 degrees towards firewall, so for $56 and free shipping I'll give it a whirl. I've spent more money than this on frivilous things so what the hell. lol

Building Boost
    quick look I see on napa the 88 tbird 2.3 is listing a good part #
    http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...929_0374704673 it aint cheep but you have to be resourceful... always check the tbirds and xr4ti

Half Boost
    I thought the 88 T birds had the straight connectors? That's what I am running on my turned intake. That said they are interchangeable. Make sure you have power to the IAC before investing in a new one. I believe one side should have 5v constant and the other is ground.

Only engines with charge coolers have the 90-degree connectors (SVO, 87/88 TC(. All others (non-charge-cooler models) have straight connector ends.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Quote Originally Posted by NY eric View Post
    quick look I see on napa the 88 tbird 2.3 is listing a good part #
    http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...929_0374704673 it aint cheep but you have to be resourceful... always check the tbirds and xr4ti
    Thanks Eric I'll take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    I thought the 88 T birds had the straight connectors? That's what I am running on my turned intake. That said they are interchangeable. Make sure you have power to the IAC before investing in a new one. I believe one side should have 5v constant and the other is ground.
    My IAC works, but after driving a while the idles hangs at 2k when stopped, I've seen this story before with fox bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Only engines with charge coolers have the 90-degree connectors (SVO, 87/88 TC(. All others (non-charge-cooler models) have straight connector ends.
    Makes sense, thanks Mike. Someone has messed with my IAC after closer inspection, the connector faces the TB and there's a plastic tie around the end of the motor. So who knows wtf has been done to it.

My IAC works, but after driving a while the idles hangs at 2k when stopped, I've seen this story before with fox bodies.
    Check for EEC code 23 - TPS out of range.

Then fix the wiring/replace TPS/fix throttle shaft bores/etc. as needed.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakePlisskin View Post
    TPS sensor issue or vac leak? sometimes i hate old cars... lol

Def not a vaccum leak, it purrs like a kitten warming up and when hot. It didn't always do this, it started after a while when I first was driving it a lot.

Mike, do you have a refresher course in how to flash the codes. I haven't done an early ford eec system in a longggggggggggg time.I know that test connector is involved, it's which pins to jump I'm fuzzy on. Thanks in advance!

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakePlisskin View Post
    Mike, do you have a refresher course in how to flash the codes. I haven't done an early ford eec system in a longggggggggggg time.I know that test connector is involved, it's which pins to jump I'm fuzzy on. Thanks in advance!
    If you dont have one..http://www.carid.com/actron/actron-t...-15891009.html

i dont use mine often but... i do use it.

Thanks Eric, but I used to used some gator clips and jump the pins and read the blinks off the dash light. old school,yeah!

What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar
    High idle can also be caused be wear on the throttle cable ball on the throttle body itself. over time you can develop and wear mark which catches the cable. I chased this for months once. Ended up switching the throttle cable, running some wet and dry over the ball on the throttle body and applying some grease. Problem solved.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for the tip Chalky! Tomorrow night I'm going to go for a cruise as I will be finished up drivers door w/s and power lock swap. I won'y get any codes right now because battery had died while the car was sitting during the summer. It's all charged up again. I'll go for a nice ride and see if/when the stuck high idle returns, then I can check codes on saturday. It makes sense it could be a TPS sensor or wear on throttle body shaft or cable as it idles great just sitting there running in the garage and once it driven foe a bit moving said TB parts is when it may be sticking. Just that someone has messed with the IAC makes me want to change it, but I will wait for now.

So went for about an hour ride around vegas and the high idle remains, about 1700 rpms. I looked over throttle cable and balls and all seems in order, nice and tight nothing seems to be hanging. I'll check for codes tomorrow. I did manage to get it sideways in 2nd wasn't expecting that!!! That was fun!!!

So I jumped the test connector to read codes and then noticed on the dash there is no check engine light! Where are you supposed to see the blinking light?

figured it out, have to use the test light to get the blinks. I code code 11 for system pass but also got what looked like code 12, dc motor no response/low idle. So Monday I'm going to napa at lunchtime and order the IAC and go with that.