Thread: removing clock panel on console

removing clock panel on console

I want to fix/repair the foglight switch as it is pretty crappy and connection is poor. Does that whole panel with switches and clock just pop off? If someone can tell me the deal who has removed one would be appreciated. I don't want to damage it in any way.

Take the entire console out. There are two or three (depends on year of SVO) multi-pin connectors, color-coded, that go from the dahs harness to the console/switches/clock harness. With the console on the bench, there are three (3) screws, iirc, that hold the panel in the console. One on the top, front that's under the dash when installed.

Take pics of the harness/connector installation before removing the switch(es). The switches themselves have little side tabs that must be depressed to remove. They pull out the front.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Ok Mike thanks!

Forgot two wires - cigarette lighter / power thingie. has one flat blade ground tab and the center power wire is a round (threaded stud) push-on similar to the engine temp sensor and oil pressure sender.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite