Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: 9398 mile 86 SVO

9398 mile 86 SVO

Interesting car.

Lots of good hi-res pics.

http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/sal.../134982/291484

Good reference pics, but for such a low mileage car, the suspension didn't fare too well... that is a lot of "surface" rust on the bare steel components.
    1986 2R Comp Prep
    1986 9L Comp Prep

I noticed that as well. Seems like a lot more than there should be.
    Only thing that beats the sound of a big and rumbly V8, turbo whine

Yea great reference pictures. Engine compartment seems dirtier than I would expect too.

Did notice the "MC" on the radiator support. Have that on my 84 too. Not sure what the purpose was since it was applied before paint?

1986-Ford-Mustang-SVO_9893mi (23).jpg

Some Boost
    makes you wonder why they had to remove the fuel lines from the rail at < 10k miles. I'm assuming that isn't factory
    1984 Mercury Capri RS
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^^^^Sounds like a good question to ask the seller. The blue nut for the alt bracket attaching to the intake appears to have been removed at least once. There is also a white tie wrap holding the harness cover in place on the stud for the driver camber plate.

As for the rust on the bare metal surfaces, I do not see that as a big issue. It's better than seeing someone attempt to remove the surface rust which would remove the numerous markings from the factory. But a i do agree they could have done a little more to detail the engine bay. Some time to clean up the painted surfaces & shine them up a little more like the exterior would have been nice for the asking price.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

The original owner sold the car in Michigan in 2011. That may explain the rust.

http://svoregistry.com/1FABP28T5GF211593/#2405

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    owned since 2003, restomod

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    The original owner sold the car in Michigan in 2011. That may explain the rust.

http://svoregistry.com/1FABP28T5GF211593/#2405
    Hey LOVE the work at the site (You are talented) !! This is info all can use - I know many "track" SVO's but this is a great interactive tool.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCurtin View Post
    makes you wonder why they had to remove the fuel lines from the rail at < 10k miles. I'm assuming that isn't factory
    That is a good question, because if you look at the photos below you can see some 'extra' hardware I pointed out with some yellow arrows. It almost looks like they somehow plumbed something back into the throttle body or upper intake just after the throttle body. Unfortunately you can't really tell from the pics what the 'system' consists of. I do know I don't like the worm gear clamps on the fuel supply lines nor what looks to be aluminum compression lines for routing back to the intake from the supply line. Just seems a bit 'weird' to me.

Fuel System Mod_01.jpg

Fuel System Mod_02.jpg
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 MINI Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Lower left in the pic - orange circle (white tie wrap on harness support) is also not factory.
    Fuel System Mod_01.jpg
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

The is a very bad way of plumbing a "5th injector" !

Mark
    P.S. And a very bad way of fixing a broken wire strap too !

As I said in the original post... interesting car.