Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Sturgis Mustang Rally

Half Boost
    My car seems to get further and further into summer before its on the road. Doing too much to it and getting discouraged with a lack of progress. Scope creep and having to redo things that were done but don't work with new mods. I don' know if I'm loosing interest, getting old or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    Car hasn't been moved, started, or even touched since last fall. Had big plans, but...NADA!
    Ditto! But hope to start in the next few days...

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    My car seams to get further and further into summer before its on the road. Doing too much to it and getting discouraged with a lack of progress. Scope creep and having to redo things that were done but don't work with new mods. I don' know if I'm loosing interest, getting old or what?
    Scope creep is the culprit. One minor change has a chain reaction on all other aspects of the build. I build websites for a living and the same thing happens... A deadline comes and goes because of scope creep. I daily drive my SVO, so my daily goal is to keep it running. Now and then, I'll get a part or an idea that I consider an "upgrade", but I have to make DAMN CERTAIN that the upgrade can be done in one evening without issue because I need to start and drive my car in the morning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Half Boost
    Well that's incentive if ever I heard it.

Well that's incentive if ever I heard it.
    HA! Well, I also have a "project" SVO in the garage... And it's been in the garage for three years. Sell all your cars except one SVO and it will be running quickly and STAY RUNNING!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to Sturgis again this year as planned. We are selling our house in Tucson and I need to use my vacation time to make a road trip to pick up my '85 SVO before winter hits, and if the house sells over the winter shipping it back will be a pain. Have a great time, share stories and maybe I'll be there next year. My registration is already paid for the racing package along with a drivers school for the autocross event. I can forward the receipt if there is a chance that anyone can use these things or register as me and pick up my T-shirt. Bummer!!

Half Boost
    Did you contact them about transfer or refund?

Sorry to hear that Tom, good luck on the sale of the house.

I will let you know if we can use your registration. There is a good chance I'll have the car ready to go & I haven't registered yet.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Did you contact them about transfer or refund?
    I contacted Dan Jacobson by phone directly. He OK'd the pre-registration transfer from me to you. I emailed him all your info today. Still have not received email confirmation, but you should be good to go...
    Bad choices make great stories....!

Quote Originally Posted by tommyb View Post
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to Sturgis again this year as planned. ...Bummer!!
    Same here. Bruce will be using my registration to the event. I am also willing to gift my spot in the house for any takers you guys may want to invite along.

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    Same here. Bruce will be using my registration to the event. I am also willing to gift my spot in the house for any takers you guys may want to invite along.
    No way, that sucks! We'll see what we can find out for anyone else that might be going & would be willing to go in on the rental.

Half Boost
    Who is going at this point? What should I plan on bringing in the way of tools and or food? Its a week away for the start of my trip and I have nothing ready. Yet!

Who is going at this point? What should I plan on bringing in the way of tools and or food? Its a week away for the start of my trip and I have nothing ready. Yet!
    Continuing our tradition of past years, I'll send out the spreadsheet of who's bringing what and send it to those going. If you're going and you don't get the spreadsheet please let me know.
    I'm going to start my "gathering of stuff to bring" today.
    Dave

Half Boost
    OK this is the dilemma. What should I bring? Do we grill? I can bring brats (Butcher down the street, made fresh-multiple flavors available) Local dairy made cheese curds and butter but they don't travel well over multiple days so is it worth the effort? Corn is in season yet and is very tasty? Do I want my laptop-does anyone going have experience with MS or pimp tuning-idle or boost controller strategy? Drive up ramps-steel jack stands? Car detailing supplies? I'm a nubie when it comes to this trip, talk to me.

Bruce,
    In the past we have grilled randomly, so bring the brats! We usually have no shortage of jacks & jack stands. The rental houses usually have a hose available but you will still need your preferred detailing supplies.

Most importantly, we usually share the breakfast meals among the guests in the house. Basically pick the day you want to cook & what you plan on cooking. The kitchens are usually well stocked with spices, general baking supplies, condiments, creamers, sweetners, etc. Beer is always necessary just to assist in getting Tony's cars put together.

Bruce,

What Mitch said. I'd pass on the cheese stuff, too hard to transport. Bring the corn from that same guy, awesome stuff!!! I'd say bring your laptop as you know it works with your setup. I'll have a small air compressor, shop vac, jackstands and a jack. Bring your own chemicals and detailing stuff. I sent out a summary email to all over the weekend that will help.

Half Boost
    Didn't notice a grill in the pictures, do they have one or do we need to bring one?

No need to bring a grill, there's one at the house.

Half Boost
    Did you ever get confirmation on the transfer of registration?

Did you ever get confirmation on the transfer of registration?
    Bruce,
    As long as we have Doug's info & Tom's info, the show staff will work with us. They are a very accommodating group & have treated us well for the past few years.