Thread: Megasquirt or Stinger EMS

Megasquirt or Stinger EMS

OK...so I'm just about to the point of wiring the racecar back up. I have the Stinger 4424 V4 EMS and what appears to be most of the wiring harness out of the old car.

The racecar still has the MS and all wiring still in it.

The MS used the crank trigger and no distributer, aftermarket coil pack as well as the IAT sensor.

The Stinger uses the distributer, TFI module, stock coil...I don't see a IAT sensor.

So now I'm debating using the MS or the Stinger. I know the motor with the current tune on the Stinger I good for 350+ RWHP.

Dare ask..Opinions?
    I have the second...make that the first best 2.3t race car. Bob has...had the best one...Bob...when is the last time yours was on the track...lets race for Pinks! I'll be at Buttonwillow in September!

Building Boost
    I would say to go with the Stinger setup. I use the Stinger PiMP in my 85 SVO and it works great!

If the Stinger with the 350 tune isn't going with that specific engine, then you'll need to retune it anyhow. I'd suggest that talk to whomever is going to tune the car and ask their preference.
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

Well, I couldn't find (easily) a bracket for the serpentine pulley setup so now I've got to install my Esslingler pulley setup...which because I've modded the pulleys for the missing tooth gear, I'm just going to use the MS. The car is already wired up for it. Nothing is ever easy as plug and play.
    I have the second...make that the first best 2.3t race car. Bob has...had the best one...Bob...when is the last time yours was on the track...lets race for Pinks! I'll be at Buttonwillow in September!

What bracket are you looking for Vince? As far as the difference between the Megasquirt and the Pimp we can talk on that but if you already have the MS installed stay with it. The Pimp has some very nice plug and play features like high or low injectors and Wes does some great support but it is based on the microsquirt. Both systems will do autotune if that is what you are looking for. The crank trigger will have the edge in accuracy for timing. You could add an IAT to the pimp if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven855 View Post
    What bracket are you looking for Vince? As far as the difference between the Megasquirt and the Pimp we can talk on that but if you already have the MS installed stay with it. The Pimp has some very nice plug and play features like high or low injectors and Wes does some great support but it is based on the microsquirt. Both systems will do autotune if that is what you are looking for. The crank trigger will have the edge in accuracy for timing. You could add an IAT to the pimp if you want.
    I was looking for the power steering pump bracket for a serpentine setup with the tensioner and stuff. Local junk yards no such luck and I need to get the car done. I was going to keep the Stinger because it was already tuned but I would then have to redo wiring. I figure just putting the MS in and doing the autotune as you mention above would probably be easiest.

image.jpgLike this?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven855 View Post
    image.jpgLike this?
    Yea...that looks correct.

I'm assuming I use the same alternator upper braket

I believe so on the alternator bracket. PM me where you want it sent.