Thread: svo leather

Building Boost Honorary Member

svo leather

Well it is time to gear up for the steering wheels, horn pads, and parking brake handle remans.
    Prices will remain the same as last year. Shipping will be the same, I hope.

For the time being i will not need steering wheel cores while cores will be required for horn pads and brake handles.

I am having a hard time finding the right leather for the shift knobs. i have a contact in Canada looking for me.

As last year the turn around will be 2 weeks +.
    thanks
    bob

Bob - Good to hear you survived another winter.

And thanks for offering the leather recovering services.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Could you restate the prices for the items Bob? Thanks.
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

i noticed that the first item looked kinda skinny. suddenly i noticed what it was.

steering wheels $250.00( presently no core required).

ebrake handle $75.00 (core required).

horn pads $275.00 (core required).

shift knobs ( unknown depending on the cost of the leather if i can find some). last year was $175.00 (with a core required).

thanks

bob

Some Boost
    Hi Bob,

You might want to post at http://www.ascmclaren.org
    as well since most of those guys are not aware they use an SVO part.

hey kevink. i have been approached on numerous occasions concerning asc mclarens. i do have an -85.

the steering wheels are the same.

the horn pads, while the same dimension, the embossing is entirely different.

the shift knob. mine happens to be a auto, is std thread ( i have not seen a manual that was metric on a mclaren). also the svo leather was made in canada.

the ebrake handle is the same.

thanks
    bob

i wonder if the club members have all the leather they need. if so i will put the embossing dies away and go to work on my asc mclaren.
    thanks
    bob

Stand by to stand by Bob...
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Quote Originally Posted by firsthero View Post
    i wonder if the club members have all the leather they need. if so i will put the embossing dies away and go to work on my asc mclaren.
    thanks
    bob
    I seriously doubt it, but my guess is that when there is a known source available and not an immediate need, $$$ are spent elsewhere on other priorities. I remember when you got out of the recovering business in the past, I jumped on a horn pad even though I didn't really need it at the time. In other words, I didn't want to miss the opportunity... I still have that pad in the box you shipped it in! LOL
    1986 2R Comp Prep
    1986 9L Comp Prep

I wish I could afford a wheel and horn pad but the Canadian dollar is really sucking against the US dollar right now! Other priorities (and projects) are always creeping up the to-do list too!
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

PM Sent

Building Boost
    I have been to Bob's house a couple of times as I live 3 hours north of Great Falls and can give first hand knowledge. Please DO NOT think that you can backburner the leather products and that they will still be available when it is convient for yourself. Bob is getting up there in age (70's) and this service will not be available forever.

P.S. I have purchased 2 full sets of products from Bob as I did not want to wait and end up SOL!! Just my 2 cents for the svo community.

Quote Originally Posted by boardmaster View Post
    I have been to Bob's house a couple of times as I live 3 hours north of Great Falls and can give first hand knowledge. Please DO NOT think that you can backburner the leather products and that they will still be available when it is convient for yourself. Bob is getting up there in age (70's) and this service will not be available forever.

P.S. I have purchased 2 full sets of products from Bob as I did not want to wait and end up SOL!! Just my 2 cents for the svo community.
    Thanks for the insight. Dollar exchange has improved from 29% premium to only 23% since the winter. Joy!

PS: Procrastination is my middle name!

PM sent Bob.
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

hey darran. i am sorry for the length of time it has taken. been a meserable 90 day run for me. my buddy from calgary will be in town tuesday of next week. i am going to wait to see if he will bring it back there and contact you. no money involved. he has done this for me on several occasions.
    i almost fell over when fed ex quoted me a price of 77.00 (cheapest price) to get it to you. i will keep in touch with you.
    bob

Thanks for the update Bob!
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

I just wanted to say that I have received the leather goods that I purchased from Bob. He even managed to have a friend of his deliver them to me that lives here to save me the transport costs! Great quality items from Bob. I hope to have them installed soon and show them off. My recommendation is to get some leather from Bob!
    Side note: the dollars exchange is worse than it was earlier so I am glad I took the opportunity (thanks Jason!).
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

hey darran. thanks for the good words. i hate to say that i have to get out of the business but there comes a time and i have passed that time.
    i will not dwell on the reasons but it has been a pleasure to help the restorer and (SVO owner of which i am one).
    thanks again
    bob

Building Boost
    Any chance you have a recovered steering wheel on hand?

wheel

i will see if i have one in my stash.
    thanks
    bob

Building Boost
    Bob, I would also be interested in a steering wheel if you have an extra.