Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Strut nut

Half Boost

Strut nut

I can't get the nut off the top of my Koni strut to reuse it and the dust boot on my rebuilt set. I have doused it with atf/acetone repeatedly and rounded the flats to hold it. I hate to take a torch to it as this will trash the onion head too. The shaft is turning in the body so an impact won't do it either. Ideas?
    Last edited by brsvo; 03-28-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Half Boost
    The Maximum Motorsports CC plate directions say to remove the factory dust boot and install on the bottom out bumper. What's wrong with this picture?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Half Boost
    Does anyone have a source for the nut. I will have to improvise the dust boot so if I can find a nut then I will be good without taking apart the stock strut.

I ended up having to buy a bag full of nyloc nuts from a supplier when I only needed two
    If I find them you are welcome to a set
    They are not exact match but they work

Half Boost
    Thanks but I found someone with a big soft jaw vice and a 3/4" rattle gun that got the job done. I still need to figure out how to make dust shields. Maybe shampoo bottles or something. Open for ideas, I could cut up my stock ones but I don't want to do that.