Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MCA Tucson Show 03/27-29/2015

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSVOTrust View Post
    Any Photos of Jim Boyd's Yellow 1969 Boss 302?????

Mark
    Mark, the ones that Mike posted are Terry Snyder's. There were 2 1969 B2's there both yellow. Jim did not look to happy at the awards ceremony (Silver IIRC). I did not get any pictures of Jim's as I was judging on Saturday (2 1969 R code SCJ Mach 1's). Jim's car was already off the show field when I was out with my camera.

Yeah he choose to let them use his car on Friday (as a judging seminar) MY GUESS is "too much time, too many wanting to show what they know" may have effected it! I PREPPED him with WHO CARES - "I can still get $125K for the car!"

Mark
    P.S. I'm sure I get a call on the sheets. Maybe my fault as to using original glass and trim - rather then replace. I HOPE they respected the NOS strip kit (s) we had to buy ! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TheSVOTrust View Post
    Yeah he choose to let them use his car on Friday (as a judging seminar) MY GUESS is "too much time, too many wanting to show what they know" may have effected it! I PREPPED him with WHO CARES - "I can still get $125K for the car!"

Mark
    P.S. I'm sure I get a call on the sheets. Maybe my fault as to using original glass and trim - rather then replace. I HOPE they respected the NOS strip kit (s) we had to buy ! LOL
    Well, if the glass was pitted, scratched, water marked, etc. then yes, it should have been replaced. As you know, the judges for the early cars have much higher expectations than the later cars...
    1986 2R Comp Prep
    1986 9L Comp Prep

What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar
    yep, that's dealer installed cruise control. You can see the second cable going to the throttle body and the actuator behind the drivers side shock tower. Same setup I had on Blackie and a godsend on long roadtrips.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    Dave, thanks for the info.!

After comments made on the ConcoursMustang website about MCA judging and the number of GOLD recipients in recent years, I was wondering if they would be judging "tighter" this year.

The valve cover may have been dealer installed, but is still not concours correct. I wonder what the comments were on that one (any point deduction).
    I have judged Jack's 85.5 several times over the years. He has shown it in Unrestored previously and now in Concours Trailered. For those unfamilar with the judging rules in the class, Ford service replacement or Motorcraft replacement parts are permitted. The valve cover was a service replacement part for the SVO one, no points off.

We spent close to an hour judging his car. Jack is a good friend but when it comes to showing his car, he pretty much does his own thing. The replacement exhaust was probably the biggest deduction. Jack's car seems to get the points in the right areas. Repainting is permitted and pretty much expected in the Concours. It's far from a perfect car and I was not sure it would get a Gold. Not bad for being a daily driver (now retired) and with 100K miles. We will get the valve cover replaced as soon as I find the spare Factory Take Off in my garage.
    Last edited by KevinK; 04-05-2015 at 05:59 PM.