Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air conditioning

The adjustable pressure switch is not a Ford switch. It does affect when the suction gets low and kicks off the compressor. I've gotten it down to 39* but I turned it up some. The trick is to add a little then let it cycle about 15 minutes to get it in the system. Then check it again the next day. I had to turn the fan down as it was getting cold! Now I can drive the car in the Summer! Windows up stereo turned on Cool.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Building Boost
    hmmm. Might be worth a trip to Georgia to get my A/C working again...

Quote Originally Posted by indysvodave View Post
    hmmm. Might be worth a trip to Georgia to get my A/C working again...
    Unfortunately he has passed away. Depending on your access to tools you could piece one of these kits together. Hardest part will probably be fabing up the compressor mounting bracket.

Building Boost
    Bummer.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    Adjusting the switch is not going to do much. Ford never included an updated switch in the 90s conversions to R134. I have found they cool just fine with out changing it. It’s only 3-4 psi difference.

The correct R134 switch is 4 Seasons p/n 36676.

The switch cuts out the compressorwhen the low side gets too low. To get colder, the compressor needs to keep running.

Put the ac on high, close all the vents except for the right side, blower on high. With a temp problem in the vent, you should get down to 40 degrees or so. 90 or more outside temp might limit it some. I try to test it in the evening so the outside temp has little affect. Rember best cooling is not at an idle. You probably will not see 32 degrees like R12 would do.

Low Freon pressure, not cold enough
    High Freon pressure, not cold enough

I fill the Freon slowly until the temp gets cold. I’m no ac expert but this has worked well for me over the years.
    R134 switch
    Attached Images Attached Images