Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Alignment settings

Half Boost

Alignment settings

I have the stock front end parts except for Del-a-lum bushings, poly rack bushings and Caster camber plates. Freshly rebuilt Koni's also. I want to do an alignment and get marks for road and track. ( open track and auto cross) What should I have for each? Keeping in mind I will be driving the car to Sturgis this year (almost 2000 round trip all freeway). Thanks in advance Bruce

Building Boost Bob, get off my lap! Jack Hidley's Avatar
    With the Delrin bushings and c/c plates, you can afford to run less static toe in/more toe out since the toe isn't going to change dynamically under braking.

Street
    -1.25 degrees camber, caster maximum positive, but equal side to side, toe 0.1 degrees per wheel (in).

Track
    -2.5 degrees camber, caster maximum positive, but equal side to side, toe -0.15 degrees per wheel (out).

AutoX
    -3.0 degrees camber, caster maximum positive, but equal side to side, toe -0.25 degrees per wheel (out).
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hidley View Post
    AutoX
    -3.0 degrees camber, caster maximum positive, but equal side to side, toe -0.25 degrees per wheel (out).
    This is a sweet set-up for auto-x. I have MM coil-overs, CCs, K brace and LCAs, did a lot of practice and test sessions and came up with the same general set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    Keeping in mind I will be driving the car to Sturgis this year (almost 2000 round trip all freeway).
    Bruce, one of us will have some camber / toe gauges at the house if you want to adjust for the autox. We'll have to set it back to street settings on Sunday night for your trip home but I'm game if you are.
    Bad choices make great stories....!

Half Boost
    Thanks Jack. I told my alignment guy that I wanted marks for each and I was told that changing the CC settings would cause toe to need readjustment. I can use a string and have wrenches but that would be toe in inches not degrees? How do I convert to degrees?
    Thanks Laredo I will be up for that!

What about for a car with an IRS unit. Any recommendations for the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    ...but that would be toe in inches not degrees? How do I convert to degrees?
    Depends on where you measure the inches (distance of front / rear measuring points). You can convert using geometric function (sine) on your calculator.

Assuming a 27" diameter tire (and measuring toe at the tread) .25 degrees is just under 1/8".
    .1 degrees is 3/64".

For a smaller / larger wheel (or different measuring points) the "inch" measurement would change relative to this.
    This is why referring to toe-in in degrees rather than inches can be more consistent.
    Bad choices make great stories....!