Thread: I haven't been online much lately. My 84 SVO is wrecked. It's totaled

Noob

Unhappy I haven't been online much lately. My 84 SVO is wrecked. It's totaled

I've had my silver 84 since '91 but now it is damaged beyond repair. A trailer in front of me fish-tailed, then I slammed the brakes and locked them up. I lost control and hit the towing truck after it got spun around by its trailer. Now I need to contact his insurance. I don't know yet how much they will offer for it. I don't plan to keep the car or part it. I'm gonna miss it.
    If someone in the Seattle area wants it then I can attempt to buy it back from the insurance company and then sell it to you at cost just so that it stays within the SVO community. It has extensive front-end damage. It has a sunroof and good condition leather seats, no rips or tears. Rear seats are original and front seats are recovered with E&G Classic non-perforated leather. I made a fair number of mods over the years. I may post more details if anyone is interested.
    Estell Lopez
    Issaquah, WA

Sorry to hear of your loss. ( And Welcome Aboard. )

Feel free to post pics. Thanks for offering it to the SVO Community.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar
    Hi Estell, sorry to hear about this mate I remember your car from Roundup a few years ago. Having been through this a couple of years ago my advice is, DON'T take their first offer, you can get more $$'s if you're patient. Do some research and see what the current listed values for SVO's are, they have been going up lately and make sure they don't try and pay on the value of a regular Mustang. You can also check the selling price of vehicles in your area to compare and provide this to the insurance company. The more info you provide them the more money you will get. They're going to try and get out of this as cheaply as possible, be patient and hold their heat to the fire and you'll be much better of.

Also, post some pics of the car, someone here might be interested or we can maybe find you someone locally who is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noob
    Thanks for the link Chalky. I'll use it.

Noob
    The insurance company offered $7365. That includes WA state sales tax and licensing. That splits the difference between the Hagerty value and the NADA value for a good condition 84 SVO. I think that is a fair value based on the condition of my car. I'd rather have the car in good condition, but I'll take the cash-out.

Sorry to hear about the loss there Estell. I remember that car from Round Up as well. Sounds like the insurance company is giving you a fair offer. If you are in the market for another SVO I have an 86 I'm selling. I'll be posting an ad for it in a week or so. I'm taking it to the SVT Rendezvous at Griotts this Sunday.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

That is a fair offer, I would take it.

Sorry for the loss though, I have had my 86 since 1992 and understand the separation anxiety you must be going through.
    Frank
    1985.5 9L
    1986 1D owned since 1992 and on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by Meotchh View Post
    Is this your old SVO?
    Man... I could totally fix that! I have a '86 GT front clip ready to go!

Quote Originally Posted by baltimucho View Post
    Man... I could totally fix that! I have a '86 GT front clip ready to go!

You know someone that can bid it for you? There is no bid history at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Meotchh View Post
    You know someone that can bid it for you? There is no bid history at this point.
    I know someone that can bid it for me. Now I just need to find someone that will PAY the bid for me... And finish my TWO other SVO projects!

Touche'!