Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Sad news.. and.. Likely back soon with 2 SVOs. 85.5 and an 86, BUT....

Building Boost

Unhappy Sad news.. and.. Likely back soon with 2 SVOs. 85.5 and an 86, BUT....

Definitely NOT how I ever want to acquire another car or parts ever again. I'm unaware how many of you saw my post on turboford. I'm sure many of you knew and met Marco/Jden in person over the years, I think he signed up here, and i believe he attended an SVOCA reunion once. Marco and i were pretty good friends he he lived a few hours away from me, but we got togehter pretty regularly and met at st thomas raceway park as well.

Well he passed away last weekend I got the call Tuesday, and went to up to the funeral home Thursday night. Even now, it's hard i'll be sitting here and will think of something and it's like... waterworks..

Well. It looks like he left his SVOs and his parts to me after talking with his brother Thursday. I went to the shop and there is the 86 and an 85.5 I helped him buy and store for him a couple years back. He will be contacting me soon to go up and get everything.

I am going to need some help I know the 85.5 needs all the brakes, and maybe other items from sitting... and the 86 has either fusible link or a fuse somewhere that blew when he applied +12 to the DS power window trying to make it move. Now the car has no power whatsoever with the key.

He always wanted his 86 to be a drag car, well, a solid 12 second car.. but NOT a gutted bathtub.. I have here a ported head I did for him [a few years back] that is all assembled, that he dropped off randomly about a month ago, and I plan to get that, Stab any cam in it... do up some ported square int's, ported E6 and a TC intercooler, toss it all on the 86 asap, and I'll borrow some 5 lug stickies. My plan is to take it to the track, and when I fill out the tech card I am going to fill in his name and info, and make the passes, [and it WILL run 12.50 or better] on the stock turbo and stuff like he wanted to do. His brother asked that I let him know as he would really like to see that happen.. which I plan to do. It's a small world i have some friends in the same town that live two houses down from his brother and I never knew..

The reason for the above is that was his exact goals for that car, and I feel ultra guilty that we never got it done for him..... I've thought about it many times daily since I found out..

The 85.5 is a low mile Canadian car, 86000 km, and it needs a head gasket [never blew into a water jacket, was just down on one cyl 90 psi rest were 150, oil clean coolant full and ran good enough to move around, would even idle... It was one owner and the w/g hose rotted, it over boosted.. and... the woman parked it.. So all i want to do with it, is pull top end, new valve seals, ditch the e3 for ported E6, stick an 8993 in, put a cone filter on, and do a cat convertor delete because of how old the cat is, but other wise just try and buff it out and leave alone.

So once this happens I could be on here asking dumb questions about brakes, wheres cheapest to buy em, and also, the 85,.5 sat for a while I seem to remmeber him saying something about if the orig owner of one contacted Koni they would warranty the shocks and struts? I still speak with her regularly and she'd definitly send them out for me... is this true?

Thanks guys and gals.

Unhappy

Well I have to say that really sucks, Marco and I was going to hook up again but never happened, he was good guy.
    The Machine speaks for itself !!

Building Boost
    Ray I know, it's a bummer.

Big Sigh.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Sad news.. and.. Likely back soon with 2 SVOs. 85.5 and an 86, BUT....

Oh wow!!!!
    I always looked forward to the white ranger pulling in.....
    That guy was a real gentleman
    Steve you need to give me your number so we can talk
    ( some of my parts are there )
    Do you know any details about a service?
    I can help you with my truck if you need help