Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Power window

Power window

Drivers window is stuck down for the second time in 2 months. Is a low mileage SVO, so not sure what the problem may be. Electrical issues are not my strong points. When I flick the drivers switch, it make a small noise both up and down. Trying to locate the motor and like I said ...electrical..ewww.... i have heard, tapping on it..etc....any help appreciated...

Remove the door panel & the motor will be pretty easy to spot. If there is power getting to the motor when the switch is moved either direction, it could be just the motor sticking. Sometimes you can convince it to work by tapping on the motor.

Unfortunately you will need to confirm that the motor is getting power from the switch. You can listen to the motor when moving the switch, but it is best to check the power using a multimeter to confirm it is getting 12ish volts to it from the switch.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

I tapped the motor and all good now, had to find the right spot, but it works now! I also heard not to have the window all the way down.

Cool! Reportedly, those motors develop a "dead spot" over time when they are run all the way down.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Half Boost
    I removed my motor and rotated the armature 180' and reinstalled it. Lasted about 10 years now I need a new motor I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by brsvo View Post
    I removed my motor and rotated the armature 180' and reinstalled it. Lasted about 10 years now I need a new motor I guess.
    Good idea to squeeze 10 yrs additional out of a motor. Now return it to the dealer and see if it's covered.

That trick also works on starter solenoids.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My motor sopped working and I tapped it and it started working. It did it again last week. I tapped it again and it started working. I bought a new motor, I don't want to have to keep removing the door panel. The old motor is easy to get out. The problem is getting the new on in since you can't hold it up in position. I thought removing and replacing the heater core was terrible, but replacing a window motor is worse.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Worse than a heater core? Now that I don't believe lol.
    Only thing that beats the sound of a big and rumbly V8, turbo whine