Thread: dome light pics

Half Boost

dome light pics

Ok, I'm finally getting to putting in my headliner but I need a pic or two of the way the dome light and wire and ground look.
    T po moved it for the newer headliner and I figured out where it goes but I think the wiring and pigtail don't seem right to me. I just need to see another one without the lens on to confirm right and wrong.
    THANKS

The harness runs down inside the RF A-pillar to the EEC area kick panel and connects to the dash harness from there. The purple wire goes to the center dome light, the other two go to the front one with the pop-down aiming thingie. Ground for the front light assy relies on the bracket having good contact with chassis ground - there are no separate ground wires (an extremely poor design, btw).

Some pics.
    Img_1601.jpgImg_1602.jpgImg_1603.jpgImg_1605.jpgImg_1606.jpgImg_1607.jpgImg_1608.jpgImg_1609.jpgIMG_1604.jpgImg_1604A.jpg
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Wow, Mike!!! Those are fantastic pics. You the MAN!!!
    '85GT
    '93COBRA

Half Boost
    Thanks Mike now do you have a pic of the center dome light without the lens?
    Im trying to make sure how it mounts and how the plug looks when mounted. I think the hot wire has been cut shorter and resoldered. I'm pretty sure it was turned around to be mounted with newer headliner.

Quote Originally Posted by escogt View Post
    Wow, Mike!!! Those are fantastic pics. You the MAN!!!

+1

Bonus points for the same thing for a sunroof car! lol

Bonus points for the same thing for a sunroof car! lol
    Sorry, but I don't do sunroof. The very last one I owned was a 1977 930. Absolutely HATED the lack of head room due to the sunroof.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite