Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: WTB cylinder head

Building Boost

WTB cylinder head

Guys, does any body have a 85 later head that they would sell. I'm in Germany and all my leads have turned up nothing . Please help out a Fellow American who's down on his luck. I need to get this thing back on the road before the cold weather sets in.

Thanks for any help.

G57

Building Boost Honorary Member
    hey. i have several heads. i have never looked to see which is a 85. do you know how? i will look.
    where wll the head be sent? also what do you want to pay as i dont sell much of my stash of motor parts.
    bob

Building Boost

'85 and up head

Bob,

Thank you for your kind offer. The '85 and up head will have an extra casting and a bolt hole drilled in it to support the installation of the square lower intake. Looks like this

The head will be coming to Germany, But it can be mailed through the U.S. Post office To my APO box number. I will PM you with the details.

A huge "Thank you".

Regards,

G57

Building Boost
    Bob, I need to know if you would still like to sell one of your heads. I will buy one, but we need to start on this transaction. I am starting to run out of time to work on this, please let me know. I will start looking for another source if you don't wish to sell, but I need to know what you want me to do. Please contact me.

G57

.hey. i have gone thru all my heads and i do not have a turbo head left. sorry but it has been a long time since i was there. all mine are round port which is the standard heads. I will tell you that there used to be a company who made and sold adaptors which changed the round head to a turbo head. it was an alum plate. they seemed to work very well.
    again i am sorry i didn't help.
    bob

Building Boost
    Bob,

No worries, thank you for trying to help. I'll just have to keep looking.

G57

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by green57 View Post
    Bob,

No worries, thank you for trying to help. I'll just have to keep looking.

G57

I just sold my car and have a spare head, I will get it from storage and see if its the later type your looking for.

Building Boost
    k98dave, and all,

Have found a crack free head. Its at the machine shop being surfaced as I type this.

Thanks for offering to help.

G57

Building Boost
    Guys,

Machine shop found a crack in my head so I'm searching once again. Needed (Quite badly) crack free head. PLEASE help! I need to get this thing fixed.

if you cant find a good head you might want to see of anyone has the adaptor which is converts the round port to a flat port. as i recall it is capable of doing the opposit also.

bob

i forgot but i believe that the standard head is the same except the flat intake.

bob

Building Boost
    I may have a head for you. I will have to take a look thru my parts later this week or this weekend.
    Svofrk

Building Boost
    Svofrk,

Thank you very much, I hope you find one. Thank you for taking the time to help out.

Building Boost
    Looks like I have the correct head head you are looking for. Send me your email and I will send you photos.
    Svofrk