Thread: 1984 Battery Hold Down Clamp

1984 Battery Hold Down Clamp

Does anyone have a good picture of the correct metal battery hold down clamp for a '84. I used the advanced search tool but only came up with pictures of incorrect clamps. I found this one on the internet any idea if it will work? Just trying to clean up a cobbled together solution.

Half Boost
    Looks like the one on my car but mine is painted black. Don't know what they were stock.

Half Boost
    Several years ago I managed to find a new one through the Ford dealer and it was black. That is the right part but the wrong finish.

Building Boost
    Tom, mine is black also but does look like the correct part. I will look thru my collection of parts and see if I possibly have one.

Half Boost
    I am missing the hold down on the Saleen we just got too.

At least for 85.5 and 86, the original finish was galvanized. I know the service replacements are painted black.

I actually stripped the black paint off one in my blast cabinet and found a galvanized finish underneath. Unfortunately I damaged the finish and had to remove it too.
    1986 2R Comp Prep
    1986 9L Comp Prep

Thought I had a better picture but this was all I could find for now. I painted it silver awhile back since it was showing signs of rust.
    84 SVO.JPG

Building Boost
    Tom, I haven't forgot about looking for one of the battery hold down clamps in my parts. I have been out of town all this past week. I will try to take a look this weekend.
    Svofrk

Building Boost
    Tom, I managed to get over to my storage unit today and found a battery hold down clamp. It is the original galvanized finish but is a little rusty. Could probably be blasted and cleaned up or re-sprayed. I will take a picture and send to you on the email address I have for you from when I came over to pick up wheels.
    Svofrk

Thanks Jeff, I got your note and the part will work out great. I will clean it up and take good care of it!!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    At least for 85.5 and 86, the original finish was galvanized. I know the service replacements are painted black.

I actually stripped the black paint off one in my blast cabinet and found a galvanized finish underneath. Unfortunately I damaged the finish and had to remove it too.
    This is correct. Also if you get one from a Ford dealer and ask for a bolt it will SUB to an F350 part and not be correct for the SVO. Best thing is to find an original or harvest from another early 80's car. (get the bolt too)

Mark